HPV genital warts in men and women.
Genital warts in medicine are called genital warts caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
At the initial stage of development, a papillary outgrowth appears, which is soft and not painful to the touch.
In the process of changing the composition and functioning of epithelial cells, the virus begins uncontrolled division, occupies large areas, as a result of which genital warts appear.
Places of growth are located on the mucous membranes of the genitalia, around the anus, and the oral cavity.
It is transmitted by close contact with the skin of the infected. The virus can be in the body for a long time and not disturb the person, a decrease in immunity provokes the growth of papilloma.
Some formations are benign, others mutate into malignant.
Symptoms of Genital Warts
Papillomas are often not noticeable and do not bring discomfort to the infected person until they spread.
Forming growths over the skin, look like cauliflower (cockscomb).
They interfere with urination and during sexual intercourse.
Genital warts in women occur on the labia, near the vagina, anus, in the urethra.
A neglected disease can spread to the internal female organs. The cervix is most vulnerable during the period of activation of the virus.
Due to the specific localization, it is problematic to notice papillomas.
Pain and itching are manifested by physical exposure (during sex or when shaving hair).
Any discomfort in the groin area should be under the supervision of a specialist.
Genital warts in men often appear on the foreskin of the penis. in 30% of cases, the scrotum, the mucous membrane around the anus, is affected.
It is enough for the doctor to examine the patient and determine the type of formations.
In addition to genital warts, you can meet others:
- filiform - these are growths in the form of movable filaments, located on folds in the inguinal region.
- flat - growths in the form of cones, especially painful.
- wide - condylomas, occur when infected with syphilis.
However, there are times when the warts are too small and can be diagnosed as normal roughness.
The painful sensations are usually caused by rubbing the linen of the infected skin, and the cracks, healing, begin to itch and cause significant discomfort.
Using a contraceptive does not give a 100% guarantee against infection, because the virus can be located outside the condom and penetrate through small cracks in the skin.
Mucous around the anus
The delicate skin around the anus can become a place of neoplasm in both men and women.
The size of one condyloma is 2 mm, they are in the amount of one piece or are collected in groups of several growths.
Symptoms in this case manifest as severe itching and cause pain during bowel movements.
Cracks that cause a burning sensation may bleed. In most cases, the course of the disease is painless.
Why are genital warts dangerous?
Detection of formations does not cause special reasons for going to the doctor, which is extremely wrong.
The absence of symptoms does not mean that the body is healthy. Neoplasms on the skin can develop from benign warts to malignant tumors.
In addition, immunity weakens. Exacerbations of diseases that previously did not bother begin.
The virus inhibits healthy cells and harms all organs.
The most dangerous moment will be the formation of malignant processes in the cervix. High risk of developing cancer.
- Arising near the urethra or anus, they interfere with the normal discharge of bowel movements.
- Appearing near the vagina, I provoke a violation of intimate life. Friction during sexual contact causes pain, there is no pleasure.
- The complexity of treatment at an advanced stage.
- Persistent discomfort can cause depression.
Viruses are divided according to the degree of oncogenicity:
- high. 16 and 18 types
- low. 6 and 11 types
The latter degree is the basis for the formation of genital warts and changes the structure of the skin.
In the process of changing the cell structure under the influence of HPV, oncogenes block the action of proteins and malignancy of this cell occurs.
Causes of Genital Warts
Papillomavirus infection refers to sexually transmitted diseases with direct skin-to-skin contact.
Less commonly in everyday life. Infection occurs when penetration into the vagina or anus occurs.
Small cracks in the skin become the entrance gate for HPV. In the body, the virus remains immobile from 1 week to 6 months.
Reasons for the appearance
Like other warts, growths on the genitals appear as a result of infection with the human papilloma virus.
In total, over 100 different types of HPV have been studied, which are divided into groups according to their ability to cause malignant processes:
- not oncogenic,
- low risk
- high risk.
The appearance of genital warts is caused by low-risk HPV (types 6, 11, 13) and high oncogenic risk (types 16 and 18).
Once on the skin or mucous membrane from an infected person, the virus penetrates the epidermal cells, disrupts the processes of cell division, as a result of which warts form.
But the appearance of growths does not occur immediately after infection. HPV can exist for a long time (2-3 months, or even several years) in the body without symptoms.
However, a decrease in immunity caused by various factors becomes the main reason for the formation of warts.
The appearance of neoplasms is facilitated by:
- severe acute and prolonged chronic diseases,
- endocrine system diseases (diabetes mellitus, etc.),
- hormonal disorders and changes that occur during adolescence, during pregnancy,
- long-term use of certain drugs
- physical exhaustion
- regular nerve stress and stress.
Methods of infection
Photo: sexual transmission of HPV infection
There are two ways to transmit the infection:
- contact-household path - through microscopic lesions on the skin or mucous membranes,
Types of the virus that cause the appearance of warts on the genitals are transmitted primarily through sexual contact, but contact-household infection is also possible.
An infection can be transmitted to a child from the mother during childbirth - when passing through an infected birth canal.
The appearance of genital warts and aggravation of the condition often occurs against the background of other genital infections, including:
- bacterial vaginosis,
- herpes infection
- cytomegalovirus infection,
- urogenital chlamydia
The simultaneous course of two infections leads to the transition of diseases into a chronic form. At the same time, infections are more difficult to treat, and the number of relapses increases.
Additional factors that can lead to relapse of genital warts:
- staging of the intrauterine device, abortion and other medical procedures,
- promiscuous sex life
- non-observance of personal hygiene.
Varieties of Genital Warts
Genital warts, photos of which can be viewed online, differ in appearance and structure.
According to these parameters, condylomas are classified into several types.
- Genital (or anogenital warts). Loose structures of pink, flesh or red color, on a leg or a wide base. They can be single or form multiple clusters. Several condylomas, merging, form cauliflower-like growths. Genital warts are easily injured and grow rapidly.
- Papillary. Rounded smooth structures without legs form in areas covered with skin and rise slightly above its surface.
- Keratotic. Protruding over the skin education with a very dense, thickened structure, which are most often formed on the labia majora of women.
- Giant (condylomas of Bushke-Levenshtein). They are rare. They are characterized by rapid growth, in which the destruction of surrounding tissues occurs. In extremely rare cases, giant condyloma acquires a malignant form.
- Flat. They can be single or in the form of multiple clusters. They are mostly asymptomatic, less likely to cause itching and discharge. More often appear on the vaginal mucosa and cervix in women.
- Neoplasms can appear both on the mucous membranes of the genitals, and in areas covered by the skin (in the groin, on the pubis).
- Much less often, growths affect the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, lips and tongue, bronchi, and esophagus.
In women, most often, growths are formed:
Photo: genital warts
- in the area of the labia minora and labia minora,
- at the entrance or inside the vagina,
- on the cervix
- around the anus
- in the area of the urethra.
In men, genital warts are localized:
- around the anus
- on the penis, slightly lower than the foreskin or on the head,
- inside the urethra,
- under the foreskin
- on the scrotum.
Photo: genital warts
Neoplasms on the genitals may exist asymptomatically, but more often cause discomfort and discomfort (especially during intercourse).
The appearance of growths may be accompanied by:
In the initial stages, small tubercles form on the mucosa.
Gradually, the disease progresses: neoplasms increase to 1-1.5 cm, merge, acquiring the appearance of cauliflower, spread to neighboring areas.
If you suspect the appearance of genital warts, you must consult a doctor.
The specialist knows exactly what genital warts look like, and after the diagnosis, he can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Photo: examination by a gynecologist
The main diagnostic measures include:
- visual inspection,
- PCR analysis (sequential chain reaction method) - to detect HPV, determine its type and degree of oncogenicity, quantitative content in the blood,
- taking a cytological smear (in women) - to exclude dysplasia or cervical cancer,
- biopsy and histological examination of growth tissue - to exclude or confirm the malignant process.
It is advisable to take tests for other sexually transmitted diseases, since the appearance of genital warts is often combined with other sexually transmitted infections.
- Additionally, ureteroscopy may be required - an examination of the bladder and urethra (urethra).
- If the neoplasm can be noticed on the external genitalia independently, then only a gynecologist can detect warts on the cervix or in the urethra. That is why women need to regularly undergo preventive examinations by a gynecologist.
Do I need to see a doctor
Genital warts can disappear on their own, but they can also progress.
Some of them cause cancer.
Therefore, with the appearance of genital warts, a doctor’s consultation is required.
And when confirming the diagnosis, removal of growths is required.
A timely visit to a doctor will help to avoid dangerous complications and identify malignant processes in the early stages.
A gynecologist is involved in the treatment of genital warts in women, in men - a dermatovenerologist, a urologist.
Genital warts are difficult to treat - after all, drugs that completely destroy the virus in the body do not yet exist.
However, it is possible to reduce unpleasant symptoms with medications.
How to get rid of flat warts on the face? Find out here.
In this case, the average indicator of the effectiveness of the therapy is 70%. But after any method of treatment, the risk of relapse (re-growth of warts) remains.
Removal of neoplasms can be carried out:
- using special pharmaceuticals,
- chemical cauterization
- methods of physical impact.
Of the pharmacological agents most often prescribed:
- Condilin ointment (Podophylline) - applied twice a day for three days, then once a week for a month,
- Aldar cream (Imiquimod) - applied for 6 hours, after which it is washed off with water, used three times a week for 4 months.
Photo: pharmacy treatment
Chemical cauterization is carried out with a concentrated solution of trichloroacetic acid.
The product aggressively acts on the skin, can cause a chemical burn of healthy tissues, and therefore is used only in clinics.
Wart treatment is carried out once, or several times with a weekly break.
Physical removal methods include:
- surgical excision (indicated for large growths and suspected malignant form),
- cryodestruction (freezing with liquid nitrogen)
- electrocoagulation (cauterization by high-frequency current and high temperatures),
- laser removal (evaporation of pathological cells by laser beams is carried out mainly to remove warts located in hard-to-reach places - in the urethra, inside the vagina or rectum),
- radio wave destruction (non-contact removal of condyloma by exposure to neoplasm tissue with high-frequency radio waves).
Photo: radio wave excision
How to treat genital warts, and which method of removal to use, in each case, the doctor decides.
To increase the effectiveness of the treatment and prevent relapse, simultaneous administration of medications is necessary inside:
- antiviral drugs - to suppress the activity of infection (Viferon, Isoprinosine, Groprinosin),
- immunostimulating agents - to enhance immunity (Likopid, Cycloferon, Reaferon, Immunal).
Many folk remedies used against conventional warts cannot be used to treat genital warts: they act quite aggressively and can cause burns.
- fresh celandine juice(lubricate problem areas up to 3 times a day for a week),
Photo: celandine juice, you can cauterize growths
- sour apple juice (apply to the wart 5-6 times a day for a month),
- tea tree oilsdiluted with olive or rosehip oil in a ratio of 1: 5 or 1:10 (moistened with a cotton swab in a product, apply to the tumor at night),
- castor oil (process twice a day).
These methods can help with small sizes of neoplasms, but are powerless in the presence of large growths.
Photo: application of oils by spot application to the growth
In addition, self-treatment of genital warts with folk remedies can be dangerous.
- First, without the appropriate diagnosis, you can skip the onset of the malignant process.
- Secondly, improper exposure to warts to tissues can lead to their growth, increase in number or degeneration into a malignant form.
Since the papilloma viruses that cause the growth of neoplasms are transmitted mainly through sexual contact, infection can be prevented by observing a number of recommendations.
- refusal of casual sex,
- the use of barrier contraceptives (you can get infected while using a condom, but the risks are much less),
- timely treatment of genital warts in the early stages,
- refusal of self-medication,
- exclusion of sexual intercourse before the end of the treatment course,
- simultaneous treatment of the sexual partner.
The implementation of these simple rules significantly reduces the likelihood of HPV infection and relapse after treatment.
In addition, there is a vaccine against the four most dangerous types of sexually transmitted HPV.
But vaccination is recommended before the beginning of an intimate life.
Photo: timely vaccination will protect against infection with HPV
If there is an infection in the body, it is important to maintain the immune system, which, when functioning properly, can cope with the virus on its own.
To do this, you must:
- take vitamin complexes
- do sport,
- eat well
- observe sleep and wakefulness,
- to refuse from bad habits,
- Avoid physical overwork and stress
- treat other diseases on time.
If genital warts are not treated, all sorts of complications may develop, including:
Photo: transformation into a malignant form
- inflammation of the neoplasm,
- damage to condylomas and the attachment of a secondary bacterial infection (suppuration),
- narrowing of the foreskin in men (phimosis, paraphimosis).
The most dangerous consequence of genital warts is the development of cancer.
Is it dangerous during pregnancy
During pregnancy, two factors immediately appear that contribute to the growth of genital warts (if there is HPV in the body).
This is an increased load on the immune system and sudden changes in the hormonal background. That is why during pregnancy almost always there is an overgrowth of genital warts and relapses (repeated growth of removed warts).
Фото: при появлении кондилом во время беременности следует поставить в известность врача
Of course, a pregnant woman with the appearance of condyloma should immediately notify her doctorbut.
- The specialist will tell you how to treat a wart and whether it should be done.
- But most often, neoplasms in women disappear on their own after childbirth.
Is it possible to get rid forever
There are no drugs that completely destroy the papilloma virus in the body.
The treatment is aimed at removing wart tissue (the focus of infection), enhancing immunity and suppressing the virus in the body.
- Modern methods of treatment are quite effective: in 50% of patients after treatment, condylomas no longer appear.
- However, in 25% of cases within 3 months after removal, relapses are noted.
Patient reviews on the use of pharmaceuticals and physical removal methods are different.
- In some cases, positive results of treatment could be achieved immediately, in others, condylomas were difficult to treat.
- Some have had relapses.
The detection of growths in intimate places or the appearance of other alarming symptoms should be the reason for an immediate visit to the doctor.
Only a specialist will be able to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe competent treatment.
Why do warts appear on my face? Find out here.
How to get rid of chicken warts on the foot at home? Read on.
Since this virus cannot be completely treated, relapses occur against the background of:
- early onset of sexual intercourse,
- messy connections
- ignoring contraception,
- stress, depression,
- decreased immunity,
- sexually transmitted infections
Activation of HPV occurs not only against the background of disorders in the immune system, but also signals infection by sexually transmitted diseases.
Genital warts in pregnant women
Most warts that form on the hands, face, or feet are considered relatively safe.
Genital warts are another thing, this type of HPV is especially contagious with intimate communication.
Infection occurs through the genital tract in contact with the infected. A woman may not suspect the presence of this disease.
Pregnancy significantly undermines the immunity of a woman, all the nutrients go to bear the fetus, which is why the human papilloma virus has favorable conditions for development.
The danger is:
- Infection of a baby at birth. Penetrated virus can occur on the mucous membrane of the throat and interfere with the passage of oxygen.
- The growths make the vagina less elastic, which prevents the natural birth. You may need a cesarean.
- Cervical cancer.
At the first sign, you need to contact a gynecologist. Upon examination, the doctor diagnoses the disease and decides whether to prescribe treatment.
In 90% of cases, after childbirth, genital warts pass independently.
Genital Wart Treatment
It is impossible to completely get rid of the virus in the body.
You can remove only the symptoms - physical elimination. However, after removal of genital warts in 50% of cases, the formation no longer appeared when in 10 percent of the population relapse occurred after 3 months.
Genital papillomas sometimes go away on their own and do not require treatment, but this is rare.
If genital warts are detected, the effectiveness of treatment is achieved by complex therapy, which involves the use of immunostimulating, antiviral drugs and a destructive method (destruction of growths), such as:
- Podophylline. In Russia it is produced in the form of a powder, it is diluted before use according to the instructions. It is used for papillomas of the larynx and bladder.
- Podophyllotoxin. A substance of plant origin, made from podophyllum rhizomes, dissolved in alcohol and water. Contraindicated in pregnant women and while breastfeeding.
- 5-fluorouracil. Once in the body tissue, it spreads rapidly, blocks the development of pathological tumor cells. Aimed at combating malignant tumors.
Before resorting to radical methods of treatment, try chemicals:
- Trichloroacetic acid. It has a cauterizing effect.
- Solcoderm. It is produced in drops, causing skin necrosis in oiled areas.
- Ferezol. The solution cauterizes condylomas, is applied to 2-3 formations at a time.
- Nitric acid. Before the procedure, the upper layer of the wart is cut off. A small piece of cotton wool is wound around the match, dipped in acid and applied to the exposed area.
Ointments and creams can be purchased at the pharmacy, this is the most readily available and used drug at home.
- Imiquimod Cream - boosts the immune system.
- Ointment Podophylox. It contains a substance that blocks cell division.
Only in some cases does recovery take place. But such therapies are effective only at the stage when the papillomas are small.
It is important to consider that self-medication can cause a deterioration in the general condition by side effects, improper use of drugs.
Tender skin in the places of the anus and vagina require careful observation by a specialist.
Genital Wart Removal Methods
- Liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy). It is indicated for the removal of small formations on the halo of the glans penis and vagina. Complete healing gives the right to resume sexual activity.
- Electrosurgical. It is used for large warts. With a heated special tool, an outgrowth is excised.
- Laser Therapy Evaporation of infected tissue occurs under a constantly directed beam. Used to remove in hard to reach places.
- Diathermocoagulation. The main source of cauterization is current.
- Surgical. A wart is cut under anesthesia with a scalpel. This method is considered extreme when others are not suitable.
The above methods for removing papillomas are made only after a doctor's examination to establish the lesion and the accumulation of genital warts. In women, a gynecologist, in men, a dermatovenerologist.
If necessary, a smear is taken to clarify the diagnosis.
Removal of genital warts at home
- «Celandine"Is a cauterizing agent. It must be handled with care. One drop per wart. To avoid contact with healthy skin, a burn may occur that will heal for a long time, causing severe discomfort and pain. After applying the composition to the papilloma, there will be a slight pain for several minutes. Picking a crust is strictly prohibited, an infection can get. After a few weeks, she herself will disappear. It must be borne in mind that the wound can bleed, treatment with iodine is required.
- Propolis tincture effective for all types of genital warts, including those that appear on the mucous membranes. Its natural antibiotic properties help to cope with the infection if used externally and taken orally in the form of tea.
- Garlic, onion. They are famous for their healing properties against viral diseases. Grate onion or garlic on a fine grater, get the juice, put in a separate container. Apply to growths at least 5 times during the day.
Prevention of genital warts
It is necessary to monitor the microflora in the groin area, a moist environment is a favorable environment for the growth of genital warts.
A personal towel will protect others from infection and will not allow you to pick up another infection.
Do not use perfumed soap.
The material of underwear should be made of natural fibers and comfortable to wear.
Synthetics do not allow the skin to breathe, which leads to the development of the disease.
Washing such laundry should be separate from other things.
How is the virus transmitted?
The main method of infection with the virus of anogenital warts is through sexual contact. An infection is transmitted to a healthy person from an infected partner, and symptoms can appear only after a few months.
Another HPV that causes warts can be transmitted from mother to baby through breastfeeding. During childbirth, when the baby passes through the birth canal. Anogenital warts can also be picked up through the opening of microcracks and abrasions, wounds, on the epithelium or mucous membranes through hygiene products, household items. In addition, even with protected sexual intercourse, there is a risk of transmission of the wart on the penis and the virus from the patient to a healthy person.
The body itself can suppress and get rid of infection and anogenital warts without lowering the spread of the disease, but infection can happen against the background of:
- frequent changes of sexual partners,
- sexually transmitted diseases and infections,
- weakening of immunity,
- exhaustion of the body's own forces: lack of rest and sleep, stress, unbalanced nutrition,
- hormonal disruptions.
Most of all, young people aged 16-30 are susceptible to infection. After thirty years, HPV carriers are already significantly smaller. The occurrence of warts in intimate places causes a variety of. In rare cases, the infection is transmitted through contacts and personal hygiene items or general items: towels, slippers, washcloths, razors.
Around the anus
Warts on the skin near the anus can appear in both women and men. Usually they have a size of 2 millimeters and are single or multiple. Symptoms of such venereal warts include itching, burning, cracks in the anus, and even spotting during bowel movements. Although basically, if the case is not running, but these neoplasms are painless.
To find out what this disease is and make the correct diagnosis, studies are carried out:
- the doctor needs to examine the patient for papillomas,
- PCR is carried out,
- cytological examination
- molecular biological testing,
- histological examination,
- coloscopy in women.
A thorough examination is necessary to determine if it is syphilis. The symptomatology of the diseases is very similar, especially at the beginning of the disease. Another differential staining of the genitals is carried out, so where are the most rashes of papillomas.
Cytological examination is a more complex and thorough diagnostic method. With it, doctors can detect precancerous lesions and understand how badly affected areas of the skin.
There is still a method for detecting a disease before manifestations appear on the skin. To do this, conduct molecular biological research. Using it, you can find out the type of virus that has infected a person.
Finally, PCR helps determine the type of virus and how highly carcinogenic it is.
How to treat genital warts?
How to treat warts is an important issue. Anogenital venereal warts look different for everyone, have different forms, the course of the disease for everyone goes differently, and therefore, an individual approach to treatment is needed. Self-medication is highly discouraged. Genital warts differ in types that have a certain degree of oncogenicity, so improper exposure to them can lead to sad consequences. Treatment should be started as soon as warts appear.
Treatment of genital warts occurs according to the following scheme:
- Restoring the body's immune system.
- Getting rid of papillomas.
- Care for the former site of defeat.
Treatment begins with local healing of the lesions of papillomas, and then stimulation of the immune system and antiviral therapy begin. For this, immunostimulating drugs are prescribed:
Treatment of genital warts with the help of drugs involves the selection and purchase of funds in a pharmacy. Of course, as in other cases, it is necessary to consult a doctor on this issue. Here, several well-known drugs that have long been commercially available will be highlighted.
- "Podophylox" - is an ointment that must be applied to condylomas for three days, and then pause. The ointment cauterizes the growth itself, so you need to apply it carefully twice a day.
- "Verrumal" - has the same effect as the previous drug. You can apply up to three times a day, however, the box formed after the previous call must be removed. Also, application to healthy skin is not recommended. The average duration of treatment is about six weeks. Even when the desired effect is achieved, it is advisable not to stop treatment for at least another week.
- "Imiquad" - is a cream that is applied to the growth every other day (once a day, three days a week). Usually, treatment lasts up to ten weeks, but in different cases, the period may decrease / increase. In any case, a treatment course cannot be carried out for more than 16 weeks.
Method I. Based on iodine
It is necessary to dip a cotton swab into iodine and get into each of the existing warts with pointed movements. The main condition is not to get iodine on healthy skin.
This procedure is recommended three to four times a day. Gradually, genital warts will disappear. The main disadvantage is the remaining scars.
Method II Based on celandine
In this case, you need fresh celandine juice squeezed from the bottom of the stem or tincture on it and an alcohol base.
It is applied in the same way as in the previous case: only on the wart itself, without touching the healthy skin around it. It is recommended to burn with celandine once a day, the duration of treatment is not limited to certain periods. This method cannot be used during pregnancy.
Method III Garlic
- Garlic, of course, can bring out piece-wise instances, but this is a rather difficult matter, because it is necessary to cut out such pieces from it so that they match the size of the growths.
- You need to put them on the warts and fix in place with a band-aid.
- This procedure is usually carried out at night.
- In the morning, the patch is removed, and growths are periodically lubricated throughout the day with cut cloves of garlic.
Method V. Use of mountain ash
In this case, berries collected after the very first frosts are used. They need to be washed, dried and chopped. Attach the mass to the problem areas and fix it as a bandage. You can not wear it for more than six hours.
Method VI Plum application
The plum used in this recipe must be peeled and pitted.
- Pour the pulp with 50 ml of cold boiled water and add about 10 g of salt.
- All this leave for one day.
- Then add 15 ml of vinegar to the tincture and mix well.
- Apply the mixture as a compress for a day, after which time replace.
- It is recommended to conduct treatment until the complete disappearance of genital warts.
Method VII Lemon application
- Half the lemon should be grated together with the peel and heated.
- Add 100 ml of red wine and 50 ml of apple juice (from sour apples), and squeeze two cloves of garlic into the mixture.
- Leave the whole mass to infuse up to three hours, and after the specified time expires, squeeze through several layers of gauze.
- The resulting liquid is recommended to use 100 ml daily.
In this case, anogenital warts are exposed to the harmful effects of drugs. This method takes several days or weeks, depending on the aggressiveness of the drug. Most often, they take Imiquimod, Verrumal, Podophyllox. Additionally, they can be used at home to treat warts on the penis and warts on the labia, but strictly following the instructions.
- Ttrichloroacetic acid. This refers to its 85% solution, which is applied to problem areas. The duration of the entire treatment is six weeks, in each of which a single application is performed. The advantage of this method is that it is not prohibited during pregnancy of women.
- Glycyrrhizic acid. It is used as a spray, which must be sprayed on problem areas six times a day for a week. This method is suitable for external growths. And if the genital wart is located in the vagina, then the agent is injected there with a special nozzle.
- WITHalkoderm. This is the name of a mixture consisting of various acids. Before processing this drug with a problem place, it must be disinfected with alcohol. The duration of treatment was increased due to large breaks between sessions: from one to four weeks.
Mechanical and physical method
A faster and more radical way is the surgical treatment of warts on the penis, in the vagina, anal warts. It is used to remove large running cases. But currently it is being used less and less, giving way to hardware removal. It is much safer, leaves no scars and marks, lasts less than a minute.
Hardware methods can treat warts on the penis, anal warts, warts on the pubis and in women.
- It is possible to neutralize warts in the groin in men and women with a laser,
- electrocoagulation is performed to get rid of a wart on the pubis,
- it is possible to remove the wart with a substance such as liquid nitrogen or freezing.
As for the removal and treatment of pregnant women in general, it should be carried out strictly under the supervision of a doctor and with great care.
- Xillegal removal growths ends with the suture, as not only the wart itself is removed, but also the skin along with it.
- TOriotherapy involves burning out growths with liquid nitrogen. Сама операция длится около 10 секунд, но, возможно, что придется второй раз посетить врача.
- Dиатермакоагуляция - based on the use of high-frequency current between two electrodes. The effect will manifest itself in a week, and wound healing lasts differently for each, but no more than two months.
- Lnuclear removal. Despite the popularity of the laser method and its effectiveness in removing warts, it is extremely rare to remove genital warts, since after this removal, scars remain in this case.
To avoid infection, you need not to engage in casual sexual contacts, use protective contraception, and also improve the natural defense of the body itself: increase immunity, temper, take vitamins, eat well and rest.
Thus, in summary, it should be emphasized that it is impossible to start and leave the emerging wart growth, since over time they can degenerate into malignant formations. And the appeared warts in intimate places, treatment should be carried out in a timely manner and under the supervision of a doctor. Additionally, it is necessary to undergo research to identify this virus. Remember, the male gender is exposed exactly like the female, so everyone should be examined.
The main causes and factors contributing to the onset of the disease
HPV provokes the onset of the disease. This is currently the most common viral infection. More than 100 species of this virus are distinguished, and only some of them cause the development of this pathology. A significant number of people are infected with the pathogen, and only a part of them are sick.
For the appearance of warts in intimate places, the main reason is necessary - a weakening of immunity, which is caused by certain risk factors:
- promiscuous sex
- early sex life
- unprotected sex (without using a condom), including anal and oral,
- sexually transmitted diseases and genital infections,
- prolonged or frequently recurring stresses,
- sustainable vitamin deficiency,
- close contact with the patient in everyday life, professional activities, in public places,
- pregnancy and childbirth,
- violation of the rules of body hygiene,
- alcohol abuse.
From risk factors it follows that the main route of virus penetration into the human body is through the sexual.
Infection occurs through wound surfaces on the genitals, even the most minor. Moreover, the partner does not have to have anogenital warts, he can only be a carrier of the virus.
There is also a contact-household way of transmitting the virus through common objects. Infection cases have been recorded in public baths, saunas, pools. Possible infection during the examination by a gynecologist or urologist.
It is necessary to remember that only the use of disposable gloves, medical instruments, sheets and diapers will exclude HPV infection during examinations, and this should be controlled. A child can become infected from a sick mother during natural childbirth, moving through the genitals affected by genital warts. Intrauterine infection is not excluded, since after cesarean section in such mothers, genital warts were diagnosed in newborns.
Self-infection can also occur, that is, the movement of the virus from one location to another during the depilation or shaving procedure. Some doctors claim that there is an airborne infection of medical workers that occurs during surgical treatment of the disease in compliance with all sanitary and hygienic norms and rules.
Localization, symptoms and types of genital warts
Regardless of gender, condylomas develop in the perianal region and on the rectal mucosa at the anus, perineum and groin. With oral sex, the mucous membranes of the oral cavity are affected. Damage to the perineum and around the anus is more common in women, anogenital warts near the urethra in men.
In men, condylomas can occur both on the scrotum and anywhere in the body of the penis, its head and foreskin, including on its inner surface. The area around the urethra and in a small amount of its mucosa are also affected.
In women, genital mucous membranes are a frequent occurrence of genital warts. Genital warts in the vagina appear less often than on the eve of the entrance to it. In addition, the cervix, clitoris, and perineum can be places of localization of neoplasms. They also diagnose warts on the labia - on the large and small. They can grow around the female urethra.
Anogenital warts are divided into the following types:
- Spiky. The most common. They are visually noticeable, since they protrude above the surface of the skin or mucous membrane, always have a leg and bright pink color, their tip is pointed. The growths of these neoplasms have the appearance of a scallop.
- Wart stain. Warts in the form of spots are flat, have a light gray color, pink with shades of red, red with shades of brown. The largest condylomas are brown. Blood vessels are visible on their body.
- Papular. Papular anogenital warts protrude slightly above the surface, look like nodules, the color is flesh, pink or light brown.
- Bowenoid papules. This is an alternation of spots and papules of orange color with various shades of red, gray and brown-black. Their surface is smooth velvety to the touch.
- Big swelling of Buschke-Levenstein. Condyloma Bushke-Levenstein is a growth, formed by a large number of merged warts, with a base.
The presence of these types of neoplasms is the main symptom of the disease. Until this period, the pathology develops without signs for several months.
The manifested warts on the genitals indicate that the immunity in the patient's body is weak and does not resist infection. The severity of symptoms largely depends on their size and location.
The disease also manifests itself in other signs, such as:
- pain during intercourse,
- itching at the site of warts,
- decreased sensitivity in the area of proliferation of tumors,
- the appearance of cracks and bleeding at the locations of the warts,
- inflammation in places of localization, especially in the folds, with purulent discharge
- and stagnant odor
- thickening of the stratum corneum in the area of genital warts,
- burning, pain, itching during urination, in the case of the development of genital warts around the urethra.
In addition to the more common genital warts in the intimate area, warty growths of the following types can form:
- Spotted warts in the intimate area.Do not rise above the skin, but have the appearance of a spot. The characteristic color is from grayish-white to brick. Such neoplasms can appear both in a single case and as a whole group.
- Warts in the form of papules.The size of such growths is up to 10 mm. A characteristic feature is the pronounced pigmentation of the neoplasm. Favorite location - the outer part of the foreskin of the penis, scrotum, labia majora, pubic area and perineum. They can also be formed in single and multiple cases.
- Condyloma of Buschke-Lowenstein.Also called giant condyloma and is very rare. Mostly this type of growths occurs in the male part of the population. It can be located both in the body of the penis itself and in the foreskin.Distinctive feature this neoplasm from other types is her aggressiveness. Condyloma of Bushke-Lovenshtein deeply affects the skin. Growth goes inland. Formed in the form of several nodulesthat have the feature of quickly merging into one large genital warts.
- Intraepithelial neoplasia.The most dangerous type of warts that occur in intimate places. This is associated with a high risk of degeneration of neoplasm cells from benign to malignant. Affect the entire mucosa. They form immediately in the form of papules and spots. The color varies from orange-red to brown-black. This type of growth is subject to immediate removal!
What does the localization process mean?
Localization of anogenital warts - what is it? Today, doctors and scientists know more than 150 strains of a bacterial illness. Some types cause anogenital warts on the human body. These are very aggressive varieties. Infection occurs in 2/3 of cases after sexual intercourse with an infected partner. And, as a rule, the disease will manifest itself in three to four months. Intimate warts look like growths of the skin: small or large, which resemble a sprig of cauliflower. But there are others that are similar to certain forms of objects and things.
Warts on intimate places in women usually appear on the labia minora and labia, inside the intimate area, on the cervix, and on the anus itself. The appearance of genital warts in these places has many negative consequences:
- vaginal warts cause complications during pregnancy,
- moles tend to grow,
- warts on the labia make it difficult to urinate,
- papillomas may turn black,
- sexually transmitted warts can be transmitted to the child during passage through the birth canal.
Thus, in a child, papillomas can appear in the larynx or in other areas of the body. But genital warts in women suggest a cause of cervical cancer.
As for men, warts in intimate places in men are often localized on the scrotum, on the head of the penis, on the pubic part, on the foreskin of the penis, on the head of the penis and in the anus.