Especially popular are still used teas from lemon balm and mint. But as we said yesterday, for delicious aromatic tea, you can use the leaves of almost any garden plants. Such teas have not only a pleasant taste, but also some medicinal properties.
Probably, many of us in summer even try to add leaflets from our own garden: strawberries, currants and others, to regular tea. For the summer - it's great. But you also want to feel the aromas of herbs in your home in winter. Some ways of making tea will help us with this.
Many try to dry the leaves, in the usual way, on a newspaper in a shade, in a ventilated room. But such leaves, unfortunately, are not as tasty and fragrant as fresh.
Fermentation will help preserve all the beneficial properties of the leaves and make them more fragrant.
How to Ferment Leaves for Winter Teas
The purpose of fermentation is to extract juice from the leaf. After this, the leaves are oxidized and a fermentation process takes place (as in bread). And then the leaves are dried so that the tea is stored for a long time.
How to collect leaves of cherry, pear, apple and chokeberry? Hold the twig at the base, and pull the leaves toward you. It is necessary to remove only part of the leaves so as not to make the branch naked (this is spring). In autumn, you can remove all the leaves. We chop strawberry leaves without cuttings.
As we said, you can collect leaves all season. From spring tea it turns out delicate, with a delicate aroma. And tea from autumn leaves is very bright in aroma and color.
Stages of harvesting fruit tree leaves
- Wilting. Sprinkle the collected leaves in the shade (on natural fabric) with a layer of 3-5 cm. This process takes 4-8 hours. Periodically, the leaves need to be mixed.
- We make granules. Leaves need to grind in a meat grinder. Put them in a plastic bucket or deep pan. Take the mass.
- Fermentation. Cover the container with a damp cloth (cotton or linen). The process lasts 6-8 hours. It is necessary to periodically ensure that the fabric does not dry. During fermentation, the aroma will intensify in the leaves. You need to wait for the strongest smell. At this stage, the fermentation ends.
- Drying. Sprinkle tea on a leaf. And put in the oven at a temperature of 100 degrees for 1-1.5 hours. Then we continue drying at 50 degrees. Do not dry, otherwise the aroma will disappear.
Prepare raspberry and currant leaves for tea in a slightly different way.
1. After assembly, they need to be frozen in plastic bags for a couple of hours. We take it out of the freezer, defrost it for 20 minutes, and, stacking it in stacks of several leaves, twist the rolls.
2. Fermentation. We put the rolls in a bucket, cover with a cloth for 5 hours. If the juice does not stand out well, you need to put something heavy on the leaves (for example, a plate and a stone on it)
3. Cut the rolls into pieces of 0.5 cm.
4. You need to dry in the oven at a temperature of 80 degrees. After 1 hour, lower the temperature to 50 degrees.
After drying, pour all the teas into cotton bags. We sign and post in a dry place to complete the drying.
In winter, you and your loved ones will receive unforgettable pleasure from aromatic teas. You can mix from different ways, each time getting an original taste and aroma.
And to find out what exactly should be done with it, read on
1. Do you like to grow indoor plants? If so, then sleeping tea leaves will be an excellent fertilizer for the soil. To do this, dry the used tea leaves on a sieve and mix them with the ground in a flower pot. Also, garden beds can be fertilized in a similar way.
2. Another tea brew is able to perfectly absorb unpleasant odors. Moreover, in many Asian countries it is used as a cleaning and detergent. When you have a need to wash the soiled dishes, simply wipe its surface with the drunk tea. So you get rid of not only dirt and grease, but also the smell of cooked food.
3. Why spend money on expensive cleaning products for carpets and upholstered furniture, if there are used tea leaves? The fabric upholstery and the fleecy surface of the carpet are well cleaned and freshened by wet welding. Just spread it evenly on the surface to be cleaned and wait 10 minutes. After that, sweep the tea leaves with a brush or a broom. Such a simple procedure will completely save the product from dust and contaminated sites.
4. A pleasant surprise is also the fact that tea brewing serves as an excellent neutralizer of unpleasant aromas in the refrigerator. Moreover, even the cheapest packaging of tea copes with this crucial task. The cutlets beloved by many, baked fish, meat, onions and garlic not only have a strong smell, but also soak them with your other products. Tea leaves perfectly solve this problem. You can also use the used tea bags, regularly changing them after each cup drunk.
5. If you spend a lot of time in front of a computer monitor, then your eyes will probably get very tired. To get rid of this stress, take a wet drunk tea leaves and wrap it in gauze or a napkin. After that, apply such a compress to the eyes. Just 10-15 minutes of such a procedure will completely relieve tension from your tired eyes.
6. Do you know that tea leaves are a natural tonic for the skin, quickly eliminates irritation and soothes itching. Also, with the help of tea bags, you can get rid of corns and rough skin on the legs. To do this, use a thread with a tag to attach a still warm bag after brewing to the problem area for 5-10 minutes. The effect will intensify if you lubricate the skin with aloe oil or honey.
7. If used and well-dried tea leaves are sprinkled around your pet’s bed, you can get rid of annoying fleas, and burning these leaves repels mosquitoes very well. He does not like tea aromas and moths. If you do not want to meet such an unpleasant neighbor in your closet, then hang small gauze bags with green tea inside it.
As you can see, even after use, tea brewing can serve well in the household.
USE OF TEA AND COFFEE AS A SOIL BREAKER
In fact, used tea leaves and thicken make the earth more airy and light. Indoor flowers, cucumbers, tomato seedlings (and not only), beans, peas, gladiolus and many other plants will respond with particular gratitude to adding these components to the holes or digging. To summarize: the structure of the soil with the addition of sleeping tea and coffee is indeed improving.
RESPONDING CATS FROM THE GARDEN
It happens that cats love a piece of the garden as a place for their emptying. Coffee grounds, scattered along with peels of oranges around the "problem" zones, will help to drive them away from their site.
Summary. If you are not too lazy to dry and collect used tea leaves and coffee grounds all winter, you will be rewarded with even modest, but still achievements in the cultivation of environmentally friendly products: this will make your plants stronger and the land on the site a little more fertile and easier. Use coffee and drunk tea as a fertilizer for plants.
I use it in the garden very actively. I bring crushed shells every spring in the near-stem circles of roses, as well as on beds for peppers, eggplant, watermelon and melon, for beets and other crops that love calcium.
The shell does not allow the soil to acidify and improves its structure: it becomes lighter, lush. One - two glasses per square meter is enough. When boiling eggs, part of the calcium is washed out of the shell; therefore, for the deoxidation of the soil, the shell of raw eggs is more useful.
But still, I collect any shell - everything that comes out in the course of kitchen affairs. I rinse it with water, although I do not always have time to do it, then dry it so that there is no bad smell. I periodically tamp it in a jar to fit more. For use in the garden, I then grind it in one of three ways: I crush it with a nibbler for mashed potatoes or roll it with a rolling pin for dough, or grind it in a coffee grinder - this is the best way, because the finest grinding is obtained, and it is physically easier.
Egg shells can be used at home for top dressing seedlings or home flowers. I usually water them with water left over from boiling eggs. You can do it this way: take washed and crushed shells from 3 - 4 raw eggs, pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 5 days with daily stirring. Two or three waterings with such a decoction of seedlings of peppers, eggplant, asters and other lovers of non-acidic soils are very useful for these plants.
In summer, decoction of eggs or infusion of shells can be watered not only vegetable or flower crops. Apple trees, pears, cherries, plums, gooseberries respond well to such irrigation. Ground shells are also good for compost heaps.
The more they study it, the more they find useful properties in it. It turned out that it contains a complete set of micro and macro elements, as well as antibacterial agents. And some other substances that prevent the propagation of pests of garden crops.
Many years ago, I brought to my site a strawberry mite along with sockets of new varieties of strawberries purchased at the state farm. And for a long time in no way could I get rid of this pest. Only after I mulched the bushes with onion husks did he disappear. Now my strawberries are as pure as a rose after rain.
Onion peel is also used to kill aphids, thrips and even spider mites. To do this, prepare such an infusion: a liter jar of onion husks is poured with two liters of hot (40 degrees) water, insisted for one or two days, filtered. Add laundry soap to stick. When spraying, the solution is diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 2.
It is necessary to fight with the spider mite persistently, spray for a month and a half once a week, try to make the solution fall on the bottom of the sheet. The same infusion is used against strawberry mites.
With the help of onion peel infusion, you can fight with the cruciferous flea on the radish, on all cabbage and other crops on which this pest settles. To do this, pour half a bucket of husk with hot water to a full bucket, cover. Insist for two days, strain and spray with this infusion, without diluting.
It is useful instead of potassium permanganate to spray the earth with a similar infusion before sowing seeds to disinfect it.
In the onion husk infusion, it is useful to soak the potatoes before planting. Mistresses also noticed that carrots are better stored if you spray it with infusion of onion husk before laying it for storage. There is no scientific research on this topic, so each housewife makes the solution in her own way. Any option helps.
The infusion of onion husks can reanimate the yellowing and fading leaves of cucumbers, zucchini. To do this, it is enough to spray these leaves with such an infusion: pour 10 g of onion husks with 5 l of warm water, insist for four days, strain. This method of "treatment" also helps: pour a couple of handfuls of onion husks into a bucket of warm water, cover, bring the water to a boil, keep it under the cover until it cools. When the infusion has cooled, strain it. Then take 2 liters of infusion, add up to 10 liters of warm water, pour directly from the leaves from the watering can. After a few days, the watered plants will be transformed. The yellowed leaves even turn green again.
They love such watering and indoor plants. Still: here and nutrition, and getting rid of diseases and pests.
All infusions of onion husks should be used on the day of preparation in the evening.
Dry onion peel can be stored for a long time without losing its positive properties. You need to collect it from healthy bulbs. The most brightly colored onion scales I leave for coloring Easter eggs and for giving a bright sunny shine to my hair, and the rest I use for the garden. The husk remaining after filtering the infusions can be thrown onto a compost heap or under currant bushes or other berry bushes.
Tea and coffee
This is a good fertilizer that can be added to the wells when planting seedlings in the ground. Especially like it tomatoes, cucumbers, physalis. It is good to add it to the soil mixed with ash when digging it for gladioli, acidifier. The stems of plants on such beds are more powerful, plants bloom earlier.
Sometimes in the literature there is a recommendation to use drunk tea or coffee as mulch for garden and indoor plants. My experience has given poor results. In such a mulch, all kinds of insect flies start in indoor plants, in the end, the mulch was always just covered with mold, despite the fact that I often loosened it. In the garden, too, it turned out badly: all the mulch on roses and gladioli was moldy. Although the plants did not get sick, it was still very unpleasant. Now all these "fertilizers" I just mix with the soil and bury. The soil is more breathable and moisture-resistant.
In early spring, you can sprinkle with sleeping tea or coffee beds or a compost heap in the snow. Snow melts much faster, freeing up land for early sowing.
Some gardeners feed sleeping seedlings on grown seedlings. To do this, pour a glass of dry tea in a three-liter jar, pour hot water and insist for 4-5 days, stirring occasionally. Then filter and use the solution as a top dressing.
There is also such a useful experience in the use of tea in gardening affairs: if there is a suspicion that the blackcurrant cuttings, cut for rooting, are infected with a kidney mite, then they are treated with tea before planting so as not to drag this mite into its garden along with the cuttings. To do this, 2 g of tea is brewed with boiling water in a liter of water, kept for 24 hours. (Freshly brewed tea can damage plants.) Cuttings are immersed in the solution for 3-4 hours. After planting in moist soil, cuttings should not be watered to preserve toxicity longer.
Before you put tea or coffee in a jar, they must be thoroughly dried, otherwise they will grow moldy. You can harvest any tea: black, green, small, large, whole leaves, even tea bags goes into business.
Use against aphids, thrips, spider mites. Plants are sprayed with this infusion: 1 kg of crusts is passed through a meat grinder, poured with water in a three-liter jar. Tightly closed, insist in a dark place for five days. Then filter and squeeze well. Bottled, clogged. If dry crusts are used, they are pre-soaked and then twisted in a meat grinder.
For spraying take 100 ml of infusion and 40 g of laundry soap in 10 l of water, process at least 2-3 times. Against a spider mite - at least 5-6 times with an interval of 5-7 days.
Drunk tea in the household
- Who would have thought that fleeing insomnia, you should not run to the pharmacy, but you just need to look into the kitchen. You need to dry the used tea leaves, fill it in a linen bag and put the pillows on which you sleep inside the pillowcase. The weak aroma emanating from tea will calm the nervous system and help you fall asleep faster.
- The drunk tea can also become a faithful assistant to the hostesses in restoring order in the house. To window glass mirrors shone and shone with purity, you need to wipe them with a weak solution of tea.
- To add a matte shine and make clothes from dark skin softer, you can also with the help of sleeping tea. To do this, squeeze the used tea well, wrap it in a soft cloth and wipe the entire surface of the leather product.
- If your carpet no longer pleases the eye with its novelty, and the colors have lost their former brightness, you can save the carpet with wet tea leaves. Scatter it over the entire carpet, cleaned in advance, leave for a while, and then carefully clean everything with a broom. The carpet will become clean, and the colors will regain their former saturation.
- Fireplace owners also have something to rejoice about. It is not so easy to clean it without dust from ash. But if you sprinkle it with wet tea leaves before cleaning, the ash will not fly apart.
- Drunk tea in floriculture and gardening
- Lovers - gardeners should also pay attention to tea that has been drunk. It is good to fertilize and mulch the soil with its residues. In addition, it is very good to add drunk tea when planting indoor plants, laying it on the drainage at the bottom of the pot. Rotting, welding gives plants additional nutrition.
- Some flower growers sometimes pour water on the remnants of the drunk tea, as for them this is an additional top dressing. But there are some plants, such as ferns, that need tea watering and are useful.
- Rose bushes also like top dressing from used tea leaves. Indeed, in the tea leaf there is a lot of tannic acid, which is necessary for the healthy growth of these plants. In summer, it is enough to sprinkle fresh or sleeping tea around the bushes and sprinkle with mulch.
- It is believed that tomatoes, zucchini, pumpkin and strawberries can grow 2-3 times larger if, in the spring-summer period, soil is added to the soil as fertilizer for drunk tea. For this, of course, during the winter it is necessary to collect a sufficient amount of tea leaves used.
- Gardening also uses sleeping tea leaves as a fertilizer. Ее используют как мульчу и подсыпают под различные кустарники.