It is very unpleasant when the chewing gum is stuck to the sole of your shoes, but it is doubly worse when this happened to the clothes. You tried to tear off as much of this sticky mass as possible, but the remains of the chewing gum just do not want to go.
In such cases, you need to stay calm and find out how you can remove the chewing gum from your clothes quickly, and most importantly, effectively and we will help you with this.
Of course, the most effective way is to give the clothes to dry cleaning, but this, of course, will cost you money and time. But in such places, special solvents are used that can wash off even the thinnest fabric without damaging it.
How to remove chewing gum from trousers or jeans by boiling
- First you need to lower the place to which the chewing gum has stuck in boiling water,
- let the water cool to a point where you can lower your hands into it,
- while the clothes are in hot water, try to tuck the chewing gum with a sharp object (for example, with a knife),
- while keeping your clothes in water, rub the cloth,
- dry clothes and repeat the procedure if necessary.
How to remove chewing gum with gasoline
- pour some gasoline into the place where the chewing gum has stuck
- gasoline will remove the chewing gum. And then you should get rid of its smell, for which you should wash clothes in accordance with the instructions on the label.
To remove the chewing gum, you will need quite a bit of gasoline, and be careful, because It is a flammable product.
In the event that you did not find gasoline, you can replace it with alcohol, which will have the same effect.
Features You can remove the gum adhering to things with the help of an iron. Housewives turn to this method if it is necessary to remove the old chewing gum from clothes.
What are the ways to remove chewing gum?
Besides the fact that sweet gum freshens your breath, it can still bring a lot of trouble. But there are no hopeless situations, and here are ways to easily get rid of chewing gum:
- freezing or gas canister,
- with a hairdryer or iron,
- with a solvent, acetone, nail polish remover,
- using peanut, olive or eucalyptus oil,
- using special means for cleaning furniture from chewing gum.
Such methods will also help if you need to clean the chewing gum from your couch (handgum). Below we will consider these options in more detail.
Freeze the chewing gum
The refrigerator has special molds for freezing liquids. Draw water into the cells and place the tray in the freezer. When the water has hardened, place pieces of ice in a plastic bag so as not to wet the sofa with melting water. The ice should be well frozen and should be enough to cool down Velcro.
Put the cold on top of the chewing gum and leave for a while. When the elastic freezes, it can easily be removed from the upholstery of the sofa, even if it is with a pile. This can be done with a knife that is not too sharp or with a metal spatula. If the chewing gum has been removed and the stain remains, then it is easy to remove it with acetone. On a piece of cloth, apply a little solution and wipe it with the right place.
How to remove chewing gum with a hairdryer or iron
This effective chewing gum control method works on the opposite principle - under the influence of elevated temperature. To do this, you need to take a few ordinary paper towels or napkins and an iron.
Put paper on the sticky elastic and run a hot iron over it. You need to do this as many times as needed, changing wipes. Under the influence of the increased temperature, the chewing gum will melt, become softer and stick to the paper, freeing upholstery fibers. The main thing is not to touch the upholstery material with a hot iron, otherwise it can be easily damaged. Fine residues are removed with a soft toothbrush.
Fighting Velcro with solvent, vinegar and soapy water
Gum from the couch is easy to remove with acetone, thinner or vinegar. Of course, if the furniture is leather, then there should be no question of any of these liquids. Such mixtures dissolve polymers in chewing gum, reducing its stickiness, making it easier to remove from the couch. How it's done:
- Pour the solution onto a cotton cloth and blot the rubber with it. Instead of a solvent, you can also use nail polish remover or alcohol.
- Leave the solution for a while (approximately 3–7 minutes) so that it works.
- Then peel the chewing gum off the sofa with a dull butter knife. This should be done one way so as not to spoil the coating structure.
- Wash the stain from the liquid you used with a soapy solution.
Always test the substance on an inconspicuous piece of furniture to make sure that after removing the elastic, there will be no stain on the sofa.
Gum Removal with Oils
To get rid of sweet velcro, moisten the cloth, and even better a piece of fleece with such types of oils as:
Press the cotton wool to the chewing gum and leave it on for 5–10 minutes without grabbing the surface of the fabric. Then peel the softened gum to the maximum with a knife, without spreading it over the upholstery. The knife blade needs to be wiped more often. Wash the remaining Velcro with a solution of soap and water (1 teaspoon of any detergent per liter of water) to wash off fat from the sofa.
Before removing chewing gum with oils, check their effects on the invisible area of the sofa. Some oily substances may discolor tissue. To get started, apply a little oil to the back of the sofa and see if the color of the upholstery changes.
Specialized chewing gum sprays
On sale there are various effective means for cleaning upholstered furniture from chewing gum and putty. They are sold at household outlets. Spray or gel is easy to use and they do not damage the basis of the fabric upholstery of the sofa. But, unlike simple folk remedies, they cost a lot of money.
Check the resistance of the product to dyes on the fabric in an inconspicuous area of the sofa. If the test is positive, then the product is applied to the chewing gum. After 5 minutes, use a spatula to scrub it and remove any residue with tape, a soft toothbrush, or rinse (if necessary) with soap and water and then warm water.
There is another very simple and practical folk way to quickly remove chewing gum from the couch. It is suitable for those who have a can for refueling lighters with gas. For two seconds we process the gum from the bottle with gas, it freezes, and you can safely clean it.
How to remove chewing gum from a leather sofa
Removing chewing gum from the skin is not easy. At first glance, the chewing gum does not adhere to the skin, but it gladly does this if it is sat on or heated, for example, in the sun. We know a way to remove it from your leather sofa with minimal or no damage.
The skin must be handled much more carefully than with fabric upholstery. It is better to remove the chewing gum with ice. Other products can be absorbed into the porous skin, especially if it is natural, and it will be difficult to wash them out. We describe a few nuances that you need to know when cleansing the skin from chewing gum. These are the basic rules:
- Do not remove the gum if it has not frozen yet. There is a risk that you will rub it even deeper into the upholstery of the sofa, and then it will be much more difficult to clean it.
- When you are using a cloth and soap solution to process the skin, be sure to take material without lint.
- In no case do not use WD40, peanut butter or other fatty products, after which marks remain on the skin.
- Avoid wetting the chewing gum with water before applying ice.
- When rinsing your skin after a soapy solution, do not take large amounts of water. It is enough to wipe this place with a wet toothbrush.
- Soap is desirable to take saddle (a special soap for skin care). You can wash the entire sofa with this soap so that the stain does not stand out. Then spray leather upholstery. If after washing with soap the area to be cleaned becomes a different color, then you will definitely have to use a skin care product on the entire upholstery of the sofa.
- Take only those conditioners that do not make the material darker.
You need to remove the gum as quickly as possible, immediately after you notice it so that there is no spot on the skin. If you have exotic leather on your couch, then it’s best not to risk removing it yourself, but to entrust this work to professionals.
What to do if you can not cope with chewing gum with your own hands
Are you having difficulty removing chewing gum or hand gum? Your sofa is upholstered in expensive material and you don’t want to spoil it? Call us at +7 (495) 208-58-38 or leave a request on this site. We have special anti-allergenic products and extensive experience in removing chewing gum from the couch. The specialists of the Top Dry Cleaning company will do this work in your home quickly, efficiently and inexpensively.
- Put blotting paper or a small piece of natural fabric on the elastic.
- Iron the place of pollution.
- Iron until the elastic is on paper or fabric. But you only need to iron the contaminated area, otherwise the chewing gum may “creep” further.
Cold ways to remove chewing gum from clothes
The most effective proven way to remove chewing gum from clothing is to freeze it. Just put the thing, packed in a plastic bag, in the freezer for about an hour. Chewing gum should freeze and fall off on its own. If this does not happen, you can try to scrape it off. But if this does not help, use another method.
If the item is large and does not fit in the freezer, a piece of ice should be applied to the contaminated area. After the gum hardens, you must remove it with a stiff brush. This method is ideal for removing chewing gum from a carpet, rug, coat, coat or other large items.
Chewing gum in the pile of your favorite carpet - what could be worse? Chewing gum and carpet fibers tend to stick together very well, and it seems as if they have become friends for life. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with some ways to break their connection and rid the carpeting of sticky troubles.
1. The method of freezing
You will need:
• plastic bag
• Spoon or dull knife
1. Fill a small, clean plastic bag with a few small pieces of ice.
2. Thoroughly rub the cud that has been eaten with ice packs to freeze it.
3. Use a spoon or blunt knife to remove chewing gum from the fibers of the carpet.
4. Repeat scraping until the chewing gum has been completely removed.
2. Hair dryer method
You will need:
• Hair dryer
• plastic bag
• Soft fabric
The exact opposite of the ice method, this method heats the chewing gum to make it flexible and elastic, making it easy to scrape.
1. Use a hair dryer to heat the gum. Be careful and try not to overheat the area of pollution, otherwise you can irreparably damage the fibers of the carpet.
2. After the chewing gum softens, carefully, using your fingers, remove it from the fibers of the carpet.
3. A plastic bag or rubber glove can help get the gum out of the carpet. Remove as much as possible, and then continue to the next method to remove any remaining gum.
3. Method for removing residues
You will need:
• Peanut butter / WD-40 / Butter (for example, one that is used to clean wood)
• Soft fabric
After you have removed most of the chewing gum, it’s time to start cleaning its residues. At this point of cleaning, there should be a minimal amount.
1. Apply one of the first points above to the remaining gum. Each of them has a lubricating quality that will help free the gum from the fibers of the carpet.
2. Apply the selected product to the remaining chewing gum.
3. Gently, repeatedly, with your fingers, remove any residue from the carpet fibers. After the chewing gum is removed, it is necessary to clean the treatment area to remove residues from the cleaning product. This is done in the following way:
1. Mix a small amount of soap or dishwashing detergent with warm water.
2. Wipe the stain with a soft cloth dampened in the resulting mixture. Continue processing until the area of contamination is perfectly clean.
3. Rinse the area with blotting movements using a clean, dry cloth.
4. Press the area repeatedly with a dry cloth to remove excess water.
5. Let the carpet dry thoroughly.
Additional tips and tricks
Warm vinegar is another cleaner that can remove chewing gum.
How to remove chewing gum from a carpet?
After applying it, leave it for a while to give it time for action. Rinse the contaminated area with clean water.
If you did not cope with the task of cleaning the chewing gum from the carpet, then contact the professionals. Cleaning company SPb "Komfort Clean" will provide your best specialists who will clean the carpets at the highest level!
How and how to remove ordinary clay from the carpet yourself
To begin, try to remove clay with your hands. If all else fails, then use the methods that we offer below.
Take an ice cube from the freezer, wrap it in a paper towel and attach to the stain for 10 minutes. Next, clean the hardened mass with a stiff brush until it has time to warm up.
How to remove dried Play Doh plasticine (not sticking to hands)
To clean the carpet from Play Doh plasticine (Play Do), you must first wait until it dries completely, and then collect the pieces with a brush and vacuum the carpet well.
Tip: no need to wet plasticine, as its soaking can lead to the exact opposite result - absorption in the coating.
How to remove stains on a carpet
Now, knowing how to remove clay from the carpet, you can begin to solve another problem - stains from it. Using high-performance gasoline or a special aerosol for cleaning car dealerships, you can wipe stains on the carpet at home. Moisten a little sponge with a solution, apply to the problem area, leave for 30 minutes, and then clean with ethyl alcohol or solvent.
Tip: if, besides the carpet, other hard surfaces such as floors, furniture, household items got dirty, then you can use any car wax-based polish for cleaning, because it is with them that the drivers remove the plasticine from the body.
We hope that you have chosen the best way for yourself to effectively clean and wash unwanted stains, and our tips will help you to keep your house clean and tidy. If you have an expensive carpet with a long pile, then it’s better not to risk it, but immediately turn it over to dry cleaning, where professionals will work with it. Good luck!
How to remove chewing gum from a carpet or carpet ... Advice
Now this is no longer important, because we have a problem that needs to be solved. Chewing gum and carpet fibers tend to snap together instantly, and it seems as though they will remain connected for life. But we know several ways to break this connection and make your carpet beautiful and tidy again. The article was written by a specialist in carpet cleaning with removal to the workshop and contains a lot of useful information. Read and practice our tips!
Here are some of the easiest chewing gum methods on your carpet:
- plastic bag
- spoon or dull knife
- 1. Fill a small plastic bag with several pieces of ice.
- 2. Using the bag, freeze the chewing gum as much as possible.
- 3. Use a spoon or a blunt knife to clean the chewing gum from the carpet.
- 4. Repeat the process until the chewing gum has been completely removed.
- 1. The exact opposite of the ice method, this method heats the gum to make it more malleable to clean.
- 2. Use a hair dryer to heat the gum. Be careful not to overheat the area and not deform the fibers of the carpet.
- 3. Once the chewing gum has softened, carefully remove it from the carpet fibers.
- 4. Put a plastic bag or rubber gloves on your hands so that you can use your fingers to remove the gum. Delete as much as possible, then go to the next method to remove residues.
Method for Removing Residues
Choose one of 3 options:
- Option 1: Peanut Butter
- Option 2: WD-40
- Option 3: Anesthetic muscle gel (e.g. Capsicam, Dolobene, etc.)
- and also: Soft clean cloth
- 1. Once you have removed most of the gum, you are ready to proceed with the removal of residues. By this stage, cleaning the chewing gum should leave quite a bit.
- 2. Apply one of the above points to get rid of chewing gum. Each of them has lubricating qualities that will help to remove the rubber from the fibers of the carpet.
- 3. Apply the selected product to the rest of the gum.
- 4. Gently remove the rubber with your fingers.
- 5. As soon as you completely get rid of the chewing gum, it is necessary to immediately clean the place of contamination in order to remove the remnants of the cleaning agent.
- 6. Mix a small amount of soap or dishwashing detergent with warm water.
- 7. Blot the stain with a soft cloth dampened with the mixture. Продолжайте промокательные движения до тех пор, пока ковер не станет чистым.
- 8. Смойте остатки средства, промокнув область чистой сухой тканью.
- 9. Позвольте ковру полностью высохнуть.
- 10. Vacuum the carpet to restore the structure of the pile.
Additional tips and tricks
- Warm vinegar is another cleaner that can remove chewing gum. After applying it, leave it on the carpet for a while so that it begins to act. Rinse with clean water when cleaning is complete.
- There are commercial products designed to remove gum.
They are available in large supermarkets and hardware stores.
We hope that with the help of our tips you have completed the task, and now your carpet looks like new. As you can see, all the methods described above are quite simple to use and do not require special skills, so any homeowner can cope with such a problem as chewing gum in the carpet.
In the event that you could not completely remove the chewing gum from your carpet, but only exacerbated the situation or simply a rather large stain formed at the place where the chewing gum and the carpet adhered, do not panic and contact the specialists at Clean Neva cleaning company. Using the best professional equipment and cleaning products, our cleaners can easily cope with such a difficult task and return the carpet to you in perfect condition