This natural product is not widely used in cosmetology and medicine, but its many advantages cannot be underestimated. It moisturizes and brightens the skin better - this is its main advantage. In our review you will find out how effective carrot oil is and what is its peculiarity in the use for the face.
The skin is the largest organ of our body and at the same time very vulnerable. It is influenced by the main factors: the food we consume and the environment.
For a long time this natural product has been widely used both in medicine and in cosmetology because of its natural healing properties.
TREATS DISEASES :
- wounds of various etiologies,
The difference between two natural products
Carrot oil is extracted from the dried seeds of a wild fruit (yes, yes, you didn’t think it was a fruit, not a vegetable) by steam distillation.
It is usually used for the manufacture of cosmetic products and has a significantly lower amount of carotene, which gives it a golden yellow color.
For many years, this herbal product has been a popular cosmetic product, as it is used as an anti-aging agent. It is introduced as a main component in lotions, soaps and hair shampoos, mainly due to the rich sources of vitamin A and beta-carotene.
How to cook carrot oil at home
Cooking carrot oil at home is not difficult.
We take carrots, peel it, grate it and put it in a clean bowl of porcelain or ceramic. Fill with oil (coconut, olive, almond) so that it completely covers the grated carrots, and put this dish in a water bath. We keep so much on the water bath until we see that the carrots have completely settled to the bottom, and the oil has turned orange. Remove, filter and pour the finished oil into a clean bowl.
The peeled and shabby carrots are placed in a clean bowl of porcelain or glass and pour the oil (coconut, olive or almond) into it until it covers the carrots. The volume of dishes should be chosen so that the oil is under the neck of the container. This is done in order to avoid mold growth.
We cover the dishes with a lid and set for 2 weeks in the sun. Shake the contents in the container daily. When the fat-soluble vitamins and beta carotene are completely dissolved, our oil will turn orange in a light tone. The finished carrot oil is filtered and poured into a clean ceramic or glass dish.
Store in a fairly dark and cool place.
Split Hair Carrot Oil
With split ends of the hair, oil is applied only to the ends. If the hair is damaged along its entire length, then it is necessary to lubricate it completely. Care must be taken that the oil does not get on the scalp at the roots of the hair, as it can stain the skin.
To enhance the effect of the mask you need to put a hat on your head and cover your head with a scarf. Rinse off carrot oil with shampoo after 30 minutes, after which it is necessary to lubricate the hair with a moisturizing or nourishing cream, balm.
Important! We recommend using carrot oil for red or dark hair, as the pigments in the oil can change their color.
Carrot seed hair oil
For hair growth, a remedy that can also be called carrot oil is suitable, but it is made from carrot seeds.
The advice of domestic cosmetologists about its benefits says almost nothing.
Studies by foreign experts show that it is carrot seed oil that contains everything that helps hair grow faster. In addition, unlike carrots made from fruits, it can be safely (and should) be rubbed into the scalp - even fair hair will not turn red.
The beneficial properties of carrot oil are due to the content of flavonoids in its seeds, such as luteolin, a polyhydric alcohol called caratol, vitamins E and C, which are antioxidants, potassium and other useful trace elements.
In addition, vitamins A, E and beta-carotene are those substances that nourish the scalp and improve blood circulation in it, which ensures faster hair growth.
Apply a small amount of carrot oil from the seeds to the scalp and rub into it in a circular motion clockwise. After this, it is necessary to put on a plastic cap and walking like this for about 20 minutes, rinse the oil.
The oil should be warm - this temperature opens the pores of the skin, helping the beneficial substances of the oil reach the hair roots faster, thereby enhancing its growth.
Useful properties of carrot oil
Carrot essential oil contains a whole range of healthy fat-soluble vitamins. It also has potassium, magnesium and zinc, iron, phosphorus, selenium. Thanks to this useful composition, this product is widely used today in various areas of human life:
- The internal intake of oil in the right amount will beneficially affect the functioning of the digestive system.
- The product is recommended for people who have problems with the liver, gall bladder.
- The ether helps to cope with chronic constipation, will normalize the process of digestion of food, eliminate flatulence.
- Internal intake will facilitate the rapid removal of harmful toxins, toxins.
- In general, ether has a restorative, rejuvenating effect on all organs and systems.
- The content of potassium and magnesium has a beneficial effect on the work of the heart. This product must be used by elderly people.
- Useful B vitamins and zinc have a beneficial effect on the emotional state of a person, helping to get rid of excessive irritability and short temper. This prevents possible cerebrovascular spasms.
- Oil is also able to increase performance, sodium will regulate the water-salt balance of the body.
- Everyone knows that carrots themselves help preserve and improve eyesight, vitamin A, which is found in large quantities in oil, will also have a beneficial effect on this.
- Vitamin D is also on the air, so the internal intake of oil can be combined with the intake of preparations that contain calcium. It is this vitamin that will contribute to the full absorption of substances useful for joints.
How to make carrot oil on your own?
Since carrot oil is a rather scarce product, many people prefer to make it at home on their own. There is nothing complicated in such a technology, the main thing is to follow the instructions exactly. There are 2 main methods for producing carrot oil.
- The peeled, washed carrots should be chopped on a medium grater.
- Pour the resulting slurry into a ceramic container.
- Pour vegetable oil, preferably olive oil, into the container. The liquid should cover the carrots about one and a half centimeters.
- Put in a water bath.
- You should carefully monitor the oil during cooking. The liquid should become a saturated yellow hue, and pieces of shredded vegetable completely settle to the bottom.
- After this, remove the composition, give it the opportunity to completely cool. Strain the resulting oil, pour into a clean glass bottle with a tightly closed lid.
- Store the product only in the refrigerator, tightly closing the container every time after use. Shelf life of homemade butter is limited to 1-2 months, so it’s better to cook small portions of the product.
- Grate peeled, washed carrots on a coarse grater. Put to dry in the sun or in the oven, spread out in a thin layer on a baking sheet. If carrots are dried in the oven, then the temperature inside should not exceed 50 degrees.
- When the carrots have dried, pour it into a clean container, calculating the volume so that the product occupies a third of the container.
- Fill utensils to the top with jojoba oil, olive or vegetable, close.
- Insist the composition should be in a closed container, putting it in the sun and shaking daily.
- After 3 weeks, strain the oil, pour into a clean bottle, close.
- This method allows you to get a product that will be stored much longer, because during the cooking process moisture did not get into it.
Despite all the positive properties of carrot oil, it, like any other product, has a number of contraindications, which you should be aware of:
- The main contraindication is individual intolerance to the product. This applies to both wild and cultivated carrots.
- Carrot oil is also not recommended for women with oily skin.
- The use of carrot ether during pregnancy and lactation is strictly prohibited.
- In the presence of chronic diseases, you should consult your doctor before using the product.
- Since carrot oil is a highly concentrated product, it must be stored out of the reach of children.
Using carrot oil, you should know how much product is acceptable for each procedure:
- For aromatherapy, it is allowed to pour 3-4 drops of oil into the lamp.
- To enrich the finished cosmetic products, you can add from 3 to 5 drops of ether per 10 ml of the base product.
- To 10 ml of base massage oil, you can attach 5-8 drops of carrot ether (the composition is used for rubbing, massage).
- For internal use, the permissible dosage of oil is 2 drops. This amount should be diluted in 50 ml of the main product. It is necessary to drink such a composition with water with a small amount of lemon juice. Before starting the internal intake of ether, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
Cosmetological use of the product
Carrot seed essential oil is used in many homemade cosmetics. It has a beneficial effect on the skin of the face, refreshing it.
- Sensitive skin after application of carrot oil is not so much exposed to the negative effects of external factors.
- Carrot oil helps to cope with pigmentation.
- A few drops of ether can be added to the finished home masks, using them after that in the usual way. You can apply ether to the face in its pure form only pointwise, carefully rubbing it after that. If there are small wounds or cracks on the face, this procedure should be discarded.
- Oil can be a good tool for a perfect tan. Apply it to the skin in minimal quantities and only after the body is accustomed to direct sunlight.
- If you rub carrot oil on your lips, you can get a rejuvenating effect - the lips will be moisturized, the skin will become firm and elastic.
- Also, carrot oil is suitable for aroma combing. The amount of ether depends on the length of the hair. 3-4 drops of oil should be applied to the comb from natural materials, carefully combing after that the strands. This procedure should last up to 10 minutes. For a full restoration of a healthy, thick head of hair, you will need a course of daily procedures that lasts 1 month. After this, a two-week break should follow.
Rules for choosing a quality product
Essential carrot oil is a rather expensive and rare product. Before you make a purchase, you should make sure that the ether is really natural, not synthetic.
There are several basic rules that will help you cope with this task:
- 1 drop of ether should be applied to a blank sheet of paper and wait 30 minutes, after looking at the stain that remains. There should not be any fat on the sheet, only a small trace of fluid. The presence of fat indicates that there is a vegetable oil supplement on the air.
- After 2-3 drops of oil have been added to the finished cosmetic product, its structure should not change. If the cream or gel has exfoliated, the oil is of poor quality. You should not use it.
- Before buying, be sure to ask for a product certificate.
- It is also recommended that you first learn about the manufacturers of this oil, then to compare the information on the label.
- Attention must be paid to the price. Low cost is direct evidence of poor quality: carrot oil just can't be cheap.
Carrot seed oil is widely used in various areas of human life. If you know how to choose the right product and use it, you will get a real natural treasure. The oil will heal from the inside out, preserve youth, give luxurious, thick hair.
The main effective property is skin repair (repair). For this reason, it is used in a number of products and cosmetic formulations aimed at combating aging.
It is a rich source of antioxidant properties. An antioxidant property called carotol protects the skin from radical damage, helping to increase resistance to damage caused by excessive exposure to sunlight.
Although carrot oil has sun protection properties, its exact SPF value is not known. It is used as an ingredient in highly sensitive sunscreen formulations. DO NOT replace sunscreen!
Get rid of age spots
Add a few drops of carrot oil to the main carrier, such as rose hips. Apply a mixture of oils on a cleansed face for about 20 minutes, no more as a mask. Rinse with water and wipe the face with tonic. Then use your regular daily care cream.
The procedure is enough to do once a week.
It helps in the treatment of hyperpigmentation, contains important components that help in the repair of damaged cells producing melanin.
When exposed to ultraviolet light, the hormones of progesterone and estrogen are destroyed and the use of oil helps in creating a new cell to improve complexion.
Pour an equal share of carrot oil and lavender into a glass container. Mix the mixture carefully to ensure complete mixing.
- Clean your face and let dry.
- Apply the mixture to the face so that it naturally dries within 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water, then wipe with tonic.
Before applying the mask, make sure that the skin is clean and dry, if there are no contraindications, then light scrubbing can be done to remove all dead cells.
- Mix eight drops of carrot oil, four drops of essential oil, such as sandalwood, add five drops of vitamin E and a few drops of jojoba. Stir the mixture.
- Gently apply as a mask on the skin and wait until it dries (about 20 minutes).
- Wash your face with warm water and be sure to wipe with a tonic.
Acne Treatment (Acne)
The product is a rich source of antibacterial properties that help remove bacteria that cause acne (acne).
- Clean your face to remove dead cells.
- Mix three drops of carrot oil, jojoba or avocado.
- To apply the mixture to the affected areas, use a cotton swab.
- Let dry for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and wipe with an alcohol-free tonic.
Precautions and contraindications
It is advisable that pregnant women avoid using all essential oils.
Always cleanse your face after the procedure so as not to cause skin rashes and irritation. Before the first use, it is recommended to apply a drop of carrot oil to the skin to check for an allergic reaction. If after such a test you have irritation at the place of application, this product is not suitable for you.
All health experts argue that using carrot oil is safe because it is non-toxic and has no side effect. However, people with sensitive skin types should be careful, as this may cause slight irritation.