Migraine, which haunts about a tenth of the world's population, has a proven hereditary nature. Therefore, if she has already shown herself to forget about her forever will not work, despite the treatment. But you can reduce the likelihood of seizures and their frequency.
About how to get rid of migraines at least temporarily, dream of everyone who happened to experience exhausting throbbing headaches with characteristic one-sided localization.
Migraine Management Strategy
To combat migraine was effective, you should adhere to a certain strategy, taking into account individual characteristics.
- Eliminate or reduce the influence of provoking factors.
- Prevent the development of an attack by taking measures at the very beginning of the pain period or at the stage of the appearance of precursors or aura.
- Provide isolation of the patient from aggravating pain conditions.
- Anesthetize and eliminate concomitant symptoms.
Identification and elimination of factors provoking an attack
To this end, doctors recommend that patients keep a diary of the disease and carefully record after the attack all the circumstances that precede it. Any trifle is literally important - from weather conditions to an unpleasant conversation with a boss or an eaten chocolate bar.
There are several groups of factors that can trigger a migraine:
- Food. Famous "provocateurs" - products containing tyramine and tryptophan - nuts, chocolate, cheeses, red wine, smoked and salted fish. Sweeteners, flavor enhancers, preservatives. Coffee, tea, seafood, citrus fruits, legumes and also fatty foods.
- Sudden changes in the environment and environment. Strong odors, very bright lighting, flickering image, blinking light. Sudden change of weather.
- Circumstances of everyday life: disturbed sleep, stressful or post-stress stresses, improper nutrition, diets, change of daily routine and rhythm of activity, intensity of physical activity.
- Head injuries.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse - it is better to forget about them for a migraine patient forever.
- Hormonal changes in the body - menopause, pregnancy, taking contraceptives.
- The use of a number of medicines.
- Change of work by rest or vice versa. Headache begins in the first days of vacation or going to work.
By paying attention to these factors and, if possible, eliminating those that cause migraines in a particular patient, you can avoid most of the pain attacks.
However, even having excluded all possible causes of seizures, there is no guarantee to get rid of them forever.
A migraine attack is clearly tied to the “familiar” provoking factors, but at times it is possible to change them in one patient.
Those who are not tormented by migraine for the first time often often feel its approach in advance. For the period of precursors are characteristic
- Deterioration of mood, irritability, aggressiveness.
- Sleep disorders - insomnia or round-the-clock drowsiness.
- Change in taste, sensitivity to noise, light and smells.
If during this period
- drink pills for migraines,
- herbal decoction
- take a contrast shower, douche,
- make a massage
then a migraine attack can be stopped or made less intense.
The same applies to the aura period, when the patient begins to feel the environment in a different way - the visible image is distorted, the sounds are muffled.
However, a pain attack can overtake without warning or at the same time as an aura.
What to do when the pain has already begun
Migraine pain is characterized by an increase. Considering that 80% of migraine sufferers do not feel aura and precursors, the effectiveness of the medication taken directly depends on how quickly the patient paid attention to the pain.
The second important condition is to ensure that the patient is isolated from annoying noise and light. It is better to put it in a dark, cool room where they don’t go and talk, there are no pungent smells. The lying position is optimal, since any rotation of the head, movement causes a worsening of the condition - pain, nausea intensifies.
At the stage of precursors, auras and in the first minutes of pain, light painkillers can help -
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory - Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Aspirin,
- combined with caffeine - Citramon, Askofen, Pentalgin, Sedalgin, Solpadein,
- antiemetic - the use of Domperidone at this stage may interrupt the reduction of the attack.
In the expanded stage, you have to get rid of the pain with the help of stronger tablets. In case of attacks accompanied by nausea and vomiting, it is advisable to administer drugs in the form of injections. They should be prescribed by a doctor after a thorough questioning of the patient and examination. Effective
- Triptans are a group of drugs that regulate the amount of serotonin in the blood. Sumatriptan is used - Sumamigren, Amigrenin, Sumig, Trimigren, zolmitriptan - Zolmig, Naratriptan-Naramig.
- Dihydroergotamine preparations. They are used in the form of a nasal spray to relieve seizures. They have a vasoconstrictor effect. The addition of caffeine enhances this effect.
Triptans and dihydroergotamine cannot be used simultaneously. They are contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation (after taking triptans, the child can be fed only after a day). Arterial hypertension, angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, serious impaired renal and hepatic function, age 15-16 years are also contraindications for use.
Reflexology methods that relieve pain.
- Head and neck massage.
- Massage of active points on hands, face and auricles.
- Distracting procedures - a contrast shower, dousing, compresses on the head and neck, lubrication of the temples, forehead, back of the neck with irritating code formulations, setting mustard plasters on the neck or calf muscles.
Concomitant migraines nausea and vomiting exhaust the patient and require appropriate measures:
- intravenous or intramuscular administration of metoclopramide, prochlorperazine,
- the use of a combination of domperidone with NSAIDs.
Migraine during pregnancy
Ladies in an “interesting position” need to consult a doctor in case of characteristic pulsating headaches. Only a specialist can tell you how to get rid of migraines for pregnant women without danger of harm.
During this period, most medicines are contraindicated, and herbs should be used with caution. Therefore, for pregnant women, it is preferable to avoid the factors provoking attacks as much as possible, use reflexology methods, do massage, and also lead a healthy lifestyle, more often take walks.
In case of intense pain attacks, the doctor may allow
- minimum doses of paracetamol,
- magnesium preparations.
There is good news about migraines in pregnant women: hormonal changes in the body during this period are more likely to inhibit migraine attacks than to provoke them, so they either do not occur at all or annoy the expectant mother during the first trimester.
Prevention between attacks
If the patient is not bothered by attacks for a long time, this does not mean that the disease is gone forever. Quiet periods - time to strengthen the nervous and vascular system, make them resistant to external adverse effects. Migraine Prevention Measures:
- Course administration of pharmacological preparations.
- Periodic massage sessions - relaxing and medical, especially in the head and neck.
- Reflexotherapy - acupuncture and acupressure, su-jok, other techniques.
- Water procedures - balneotherapy, swimming, underwater massage.
- Psychotherapeutic measures, yoga classes.
Medicines are prescribed for patients who suffer from attacks at least twice a month. Recommend
- beta-blockers (Propranolol),
- antidepressants (Velafax, Duloxetine),
- anticonvulsants (topiramate).
Folk remedies against migraine - recipes of Savely Kashnitsky
To reduce the risk of developing ischemic stroke, in which brain cells experience prolonged oxygen starvation and die, give up high-calorie foods, lose weight, regularly measure blood pressure, exercise to the best of your ability, stop smoking and do not use oral contraceptives - thereby risking another attack reduced by 30 times.
Eliminate or at least reduce the consumption of coffee and other caffeinated drinks, chocolate, red wine, hard cheeses, foods high in enzymese.g. soy sauce, sardine, pickled herring. Do not take addictive pain medications.
- Dampen cotton wool with beet or onion juice and put it in the ear from the headache (for pain on both sides, you can put cotton in both ears).
- 1-2 minutes are enough with a palm to rub your ear - and you will surely feel a surge of strength, the fatigue, headache will be removed, if it was, it will pass or weaken noticeably, the visual acuity and hearing will increase.
- Drink a glass of water with apple cider vinegar while eating. and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- From a lemon peel cut a circle with a diameter of 2–2.5 cm, peel it of the inner white skin and attach the inside to one or both temples. Hold for a while, be patient: the skin will begin to redden, itch, burn. But soon the pain and redness will pass.
- 1 tablespoon of oregano pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and, wrapped, insist, strain and drink half a cup 3 times a day.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed potato juice is drunk a quarter of an hour before meals for a month. In addition to relieving headaches, juice helps lower blood pressure and cure gastritis.
- Wrap chemically pure copper wire around your head several times. so that the hoop passes through the middle of the forehead.
- Pour an equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water into a bowl, put on fire. When the water boils slowly inhale the vapor 75 times. If the headache does not go away at all, it will significantly wane.
- Make a grind of jasmine flowers. After pouring them into a jar, pour vegetable oil to the brim, close tightly and insist on sunlight for 40 days, shaking every 2-3 days. It is not necessary to strain. Store the composition in a cool place. It is good for them to rub their head in case of severe pain and a migraine of a catarrh nature, their face in case of trigeminal nerve inflammation, their legs in cramps, and their body in case of paralysis.
- In a glass of boiling water, put 3 tablespoons of ground coffee, preferably unroasted green, boil for 3 minutes and hold for another 15 minutes over low heat. After cooling, make this composition an enema for migraine. Try to retain fluid in the intestines for 10 minutes. Coffee has a beneficial effect on the liver and gall bladder. The same tool normalizes blood pressure.
- 100 g of seeds of Chernoshka sowing seeds are poured half a liter of alcohol and insisted for 3 weeks in a dark place at room temperature, occasionally shaking. After filtering, they begin treatment. Every 5 minutes they drink 5-10 drops. The daily dose is from 40 to 80 drops, depending on tolerance. The course of treatment takes several weeks - until the tincture is over.
- Increase Apple Cider Vinegar Consumption, while eating, add 2 teaspoons of honey to a glass of apple cider vinegar, if the pain persists, add 1 tablespoon, pour an equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water into a bowl, put on fire. When the water boils, slowly inhale the vapor 75 times. If the headache does not go away at all, then it will significantly weaken.
- 10 lemons peel and squeeze (better with a juicer). 10 heads of medium-sized garlic are divided into slices, peeled and turned into pulp using a garlic crush or a fine grater. All this is put in 1 kg of natural honey and mixed.
Take balm 3 times a day for 1 teaspoon before meals. A prerequisite is that a useful thing does not cause even greater harm.: after taking a spoonful of balm, you need to brush your teeth, since the strong acids contained in the balm are harmful to tooth enamel. For the same reason, the drug is contraindicated for people with high acidity.
Subject to these critical limitations, after 20 days of admission, headaches will disappear or at least decrease (primarily due to the special complex of acids of lemon and garlic, which prevents putrefactive processes caused by accumulations of fecal deposits in the bends of the intestine). The effect of complex rejuvenation of the body will be even more noticeable if, after a 10-day break, you prepare the second portion of the balm for the next 20 days. Published econet.ru.
Savely Kashnitsky "The main pearls of oriental medicine"
P.S. And remember, just changing our consciousness - together we change the world! © econet
Do you like the article? Then support us press:
It is possible only with frequent bouts of illness, which happen several times a week.
However, in this case, you should consult a doctor who will offer medicines taking into account concomitant diseases, because people with low blood pressure and weak vessel walls often suffer from migraines. When prescribing prophylactic agents, this must be taken into account.
It is not recommended to get involved in household physiotherapeutic devices. Their prophylactic effect in the disease was not noted, and at the time of the acute period to use these devices is not always possible and appropriate.
How to eliminate the cause of headache or migraine attacks
Sometimes a painful headache prevents us from fully living, which does not allow us to think calmly, to solve any problems throughout the day. What could be the cause of migraine / headache, can hard work, maybe a hangover, maybe hunger, maybe a long exhausting trip, maybe stress, and maybe climatic conditions?
It is necessary to try to determine the cause of migraine and try to eliminate the attack of a headache.
Causes and Treatment of Migraine
If the cause of migraine / headache is hard work, or overtime, you can stop and relax, drink water, do exercises for the eyes and neck, warm up for the back, head massage, ventilate the room. Five minutes will be enough for this.
Migraine can be caused by nervousness. If every time you react to any situation with irritation, you can ensure the onset of a headache. Do not be nervous. This situation can be compared with a ringing phone, which you can answer, or you can not answer. In the same way, you can react to the situation, get annoyed or not get annoyed. It is necessary to analyze the motive of the conflict, to think about the consequences.
A bowel problem can also cause migraines / headaches. Since nutrients are absorbed from the intestines, and if the food is not healthy, it is hardly possible to talk about the normal functioning of the body, energy production. Our brain consumes the energy produced by the body, which depends directly on the diet. It must necessarily contain a sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits that carry vitamins and minerals to our body. And do not forget about taking fluid so that the brain does not lose working capacity, because it consists of 75% water.
Care should be taken not only about the intestines, but also about the vessels. They should be trained with a contrast shower, but not very hot and not icy water. The shower stream with its pressure can relieve tension and reduce headache. You can visit the pool in winter, and in the summer more often go to the river. Water has always had a beneficial effect on the human body. Physical training helps the vessels to work as expected.
One has only to take time to regular physical education, then the body will feel excellent. As physical activity sports games in basketball, volleyball, badminton, tennis are suitable.
Health is up to us. It is necessary to look for possible ways out of conflict situations, without waiting for the onset of headache / migraine attacks, calm down as quickly as possible, and select a non-fatiguing mode of operation.
Folk remedies for migraine
With migraines, most people begin to struggle with a headache, taking various analgesics, or simply suffer pain. And you can’t categorically do this. It would be wiser to visit a doctor who will identify the cause of these pains, because it is necessary to eliminate the cause.
If headaches are not a symptom of any formidable disease, then you can turn to the recipes of our grandmothers.
Treatment of migraine folk remedies
One pinch of herbs, lemon balm, mint and coriander fruits are poured 100 gr. vodka and day insist in a black place, filter. A handkerchief is moistened in the resulting infusion and applied to sore spots.
A special herbal collection of fireweed, mint leaves and oregano quickly helps to cope with headaches. Grind and mix 50 grams of each herb. Put a tablespoon of the mixture in a container, pour two cups of boiling water, cover the container and let it brew for half an hour. Take half a glass in the morning and evening.
If a headache occurs due to a cold, rubbing your temples and forehead with menthol oil will help. You can use lemon juice instead of butter.
Not bad for headaches helps welding the flowers of meadow clover. On a glass of boiling water - a tablespoon of clover. Insist for about 1 hour. Take three times a day, 100 grams.
You can drink 50 grams of juice from fresh potatoes before eating to relieve headaches.
St. John's wort broth also helps very well from pains in the head - in a saucepan, pour a tablespoon of St. John's wort into glasses of water, boil 20, cool and strain. In addition, you can try to smell the initial powder.