Lentils relatively recently appeared on the shelves of our grocery stores. It seems to me that many still ignore it as an unfamiliar and incomprehensible product. And in vain! I will not delve into the composition, write about the benefits that it brings to the body or warn of harm (if any). Sites of relevant topics are doing this empty. I just note that it is useful. Most, I think, are enough. But what it tastes like, how and what can be cooked from it, this question should excite cooks more. We will stop on it. The most obvious, the first thing that comes to mind is, sorry for the tautology, - the first, i.e. soup. Lentils make excellent soups! Their taste, although it differs from recipe to recipe, in general, can be compared with the taste of pea soup. Thick, rich, pleasant, in general, simple and tasty. Perhaps unusually dark, but these are trifles. Therefore, today everything is about him and, as always, to choose from, step by step and with a photo.
How to make lentil soup
- From chicken, beef or pork, cook the broth: pour cold water into the pan, send the meat there and turn on the medium heat. When the water begins to boil, salt and cook over low heat, removing the foam, if necessary. Cooking time depends on the type of meat.
- Add the washed green lentils to the prepared broth, cook it for 10 minutes with a small boil. The broth will darken slightly and will not be so transparent, but this is normal, lentils are green.
- When it is almost ready, add the chopped potatoes, and we will cook for about 15 minutes until it is ready.
- While boiling potatoes, fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil. Dice the onions in advance, and rub the carrots through an ordinary coarse grater.
- Add the fried vegetables and boil for another 5 minutes. We taste, adjust (salt, pepper) and turn off the fire.
Pour the finished lentil soup into plates or tureens.
Meatless Lentil Soup
It so happened that I wrote this article in Lent. Therefore, I decided to start with a recipe in which we will not take a single gram of meat or broth.
You can take any lentils. Several types are sold in stores: red, green and their mixture. I haven’t met others, maybe they just don’t carry us.
So let's take:
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 medium carrots,
- 1 onion,
- 3-4 cloves of garlic,
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- a small bunch of cilantro or parsley,
- 1 teaspoon with a slide of curry,
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander,
- salt to taste.
Let's start by preparing the ingredients. Rinse the lentils well with water. Discard on a sieve and put in a pan. Fill with three circles of water and bring to a boil. Since there is a lot of protein in it, part of which will boil when boiling, a foam will appear. We remove it.
Then lower the heat to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Leave it like this for about 7 minutes.
During this time, we will have time to deal with vegetables. Peel the carrots and cut into large pieces.
Cut the onion as you used to. This is not so important.
Chives should be finely chopped and crushed with the flat side of the knife for greater flavor.
We clean the ginger root and chop it into cubes. Just cut the tomatoes into halves.
Lentils were cooked for 7 minutes, and it was time to put garlic and ginger, onions and carrots. Bring it all to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Then we introduce all the spices and cook for another 5 minutes over medium heat.
At the end of cooking, we send the tomatoes to the soup and cook for another 1 minute.
It is very tasty to serve such a dinner with dried slices of bread.
Video recipe for cooking lentil soup with mushrooms on a broth from Julia Vysotskaya
Julia Vysotskaya is known for her simple but very tasty recipes for cooking different dishes. And today I want to offer you a version of bean stew with mushrooms.
To do this, take:
- lentils - 125 g
- champignons - 100 g,
- small onions - 2 pcs.,
- lemon - 1 pc.,
- parsley - 1 bunch,
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- vegetable broth - 1 ½ l,
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- dry chili pepper - 1 pc.,
- bay leaf - 1 pc.,
- freshly ground black pepper - 1 pinch,
- sea salt - 1 pinch.
The full cooking process is shown in the video.
By the way, parsley is often replaced with cilantro. And you can change the composition of spices at your discretion.
Lentil Soup with Meat
Of course, you will get soup rich and nutritious if there is meat in it. Often for this dish they take beef or lamb. It has also become popular to add pork. What we will do below.
- pork - 300 g
- onion - 1 pc.,
- carrot - 1 pc.,
- potatoes - 4 pcs.,
- lentils - 200 g
- spices for meat - 1 tsp.,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- Bay leaf,
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
Wash the meat and cut into not too large pieces. Separately, peel and chop carrots and onions.
Peel the potatoes, rinse and cut into cubes.
Pour some vegetable oil into the pan and put the meat there. Fry a little until the fibers are whitened. Then we introduce onions and carrots. We’ll send there spices for meat.
Pour in 400 ml of boiled water. Cover and simmer meat with vegetables for 15 minutes.
Then we introduce cubes of potatoes and washed lentils. Spread bay leaf, salt and pepper.
Add the amount of water you need to the consistency that you need. Someone loves more, someone thinner.
We cover the saucepan with a lid and cook until soft lentils and potatoes.
Then turn off the heat and let the soup stand for a little infusion.
Chicken stew in a slow cooker
Chicken is a frequent guest on our table. It is more affordable than pork and is used more often. Therefore, take her breast and send it to the soup. Cooking this time will be in a slow cooker. Nevertheless, the versatility of this appliance surprises me: you can make porridge in it and pie.
- 1 cup lentils (red or green),
- 200-300 g of chicken breast,
- 1 small onion,
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 pod of sweet red pepper
- 1-2 potatoes
- about 1.5 liters of water,
- salt and spices to taste.
Let's start cooking by slicing vegetables. Peel the onion and pepper from the husks and entrails and chop finely.
Cut potatoes into cubes.
Chop the carrots on the large side of the grater.
Wash the chicken breast under running water and cut into slices.
Pour a little oil into the non-stick bowl of the multicooker and fry the onions and carrots for 3 minutes in the "Frying" or "Baking" mode with the lid open. I have a Polaris technique and the menu is displayed in English, so I select the “Fry” mode.
Next, put onion sweet pepper and meat.
Salt and pepper it. We continue to fry on the same program for another 5-7 minutes.
Now measure out the right amount of lentils and rinse it under running water.
Put in a slow cooker. After it we introduce potatoes and water.
We turn on the mode "Stew" or "Soup" ("Soup") for 1 hour. At the end of cooking, the soup can be slightly added and pepper to taste.
Leave it heated for 10 minutes for richness.
Classical Turkish Lentil Soup Recipe
And now closer to the classic version of the soup. In general, she is one of the most popular with us. That's just in the East can slightly change the composition of spices. But we will take the most fragrant and common of them.
- 2 cups lentils
- 4 tbsp. water,
- 1 onion head
- 1 carrot
- salt pepper,
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp zirs
- 1 tsp adjika
- 1 tsp paprika
Finely chop the onion. Fry its slices in oil. When they are slightly softened, we introduce turmeric.
Then add a spoonful of plain flour.
And fry this mixture until the smell of nuts. Then we introduce carrots, peppers and zira. Tomato paste will go right there.
Wash the lentils and pour them into the frying pan. Then fill with water.
Turn on the maximum heat.
After boiling the mixture, remove the foam. We turn off the heat and close the pan with a lid for about 15 minutes.
We drive in the mashed mass with a blender until smooth.
Try it if you have enough salt. If not, now you need to add it.
Squeeze the juice from half the lemon and pour it into the soup.
Then separately add a spoonful of oil to the pan, heat it well and introduce paprika and adjika. Stir, hot oil will perfectly reveal their aroma.
In Turkey, this hot oil is poured over a portioned soup.
Pour this oil into the gravy boat.
It remains to cut the lemon into slices, we will serve it to the soup.
That's all. We taste the soup and arrange for serving. This dish tastes best with croutons or toasts.
Vegetarian Red Lentil Puree Soup
Another option is cream soup without adding meat. It will only have vegetables and one bean crop, you already know which one.
- red lentils - 1.5 cups,
- 1 onion,
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp. l butter
- some dried mint.
Wash lentils under running water.
We put it in a pan and fill it with water. Turn on strong heat.
In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Finely chop the carrots, potatoes and onions.
Bring the lentils to a boil, remove the foam and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Then we send all the vegetables to it. Cook until fully cooked and soft grits.
Then turn off the heat and work with a blender. The mass should be homogeneous and dense.
We introduce salt and pepper to taste.
Then, in this hot cream, send butter and mint.
Mix well and bring to a boil once more.
Smoked green lentil recipe
Have you tried pea soup with smoked meats? I think for sure! Well, the lentils are worse? Yes, nothing. Therefore, we diversify our menu with this recipe.
- 400 g smoked ribs,
- 400 g lentils
- 100 g of smoked sausage,
- 1 onion,
- 1 carrot
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- salt, pepper to taste.
Rinse the green French lentils with cold water.
Pour it into the pan, fill it with cold water and set it to cook.
Let's deal with smoked meats. Separate the ribs individually.
Cut the sausage into strips.
Peel and peel vegetables. Finely chop the carrots. Cut the onion into slices.
15 minutes after boiling the cereal, add a little salt and pepper and introduce the ribs. If there is foam, then remove it.
Now for frying we take the pan, pour a little oil into it and spread the vegetables and sausage. We squeeze garlic cloves through the press there. Fry a couple of minutes on a strong plate heating.
Then we shift the vegetable mass with sausage into the soup. Reduce the heating of the stove and cover the pan with a lid. Leave to languish for another 10-15 minutes.
Then turn off the stove and decorate the chowder with fresh chopped herbs.
This recipe, as well as hodgepodge, goes well with lemon juice.
Thank you for your attention and I will be glad if you cook dinner according to the recipes described above.
All the best and don’t forget to bookmark the article!
Lentils red or yellow - 1.5 cups,
Carrots - 3 pieces,
Garlic - 1 small head,
Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon,
Dry aromatic herbs - 1-2 teaspoon,
Ground peppers to taste,
Broth or water - 4-5 glasses,
Olive oil for frying.
- 132 kcal
- 20 minutes.
- 20 minutes.
Step by step recipe with photo
Try and then introduce into your diet a simple, very healthy, aromatic and warming lentil-carrot soup. The recipe is simple, but I will give 2 tips from eminent cooks: about garlic from Hector Jimenez and about onions from Julia Vysotskaya.
Soup is prepared from a very simple set of products and it turns out to be rich in taste and pleasant in color.
I suggest peeling the garlic by the method that I saw on a TV show with Hector Jimenez. Put the garlic in a bowl.
Cover with a second bowl and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
Done! those. in a bowl peeled garlic cloves.
In order to finely chop the onion and at the same time he did not disperse in different directions, use the advice from Yulia Vysotskaya and my photo: cut the half of the cooking length and breadth, but not reaching the root place with a knife.
Heat the onion in a pan with vegetable oil and darken it.
Peel the carrots and chop the garlic in a blender or grater.
Add the carrots with garlic to the pan to the onion, salt, sprinkle with coriander.
Put it out over medium heat.
Wash the lentils, fill with water or broth and bring to a boil.
Throw vegetables into boiled lentils, add aromatic herbs and peppers. I added Italian herbs with paprika and pink pepper.
After 10 minutes of cooking over medium heat, the soup is ready for number 1, but if you want a more mashed lentil soup, then cook for another 10-15 minutes, the red and yellow lentils are well cooked.
Lentil-carrot soup is ready. Additionally, to taste, you can sprinkle it with fresh herbs.
What we need:
- lentils - 200g
- carrots - 1 pc.,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons,
- flour - 1 tablespoon,
- tomato paste - 1 tablespoon,
- dry mint - a few leaves,
- red pepper - a pinch,
- ground peas or ground - a pinch,
- paprika - 1 tsp.,
- salt to taste
- lemon to serve.
How to Cook Lentil Soup in Turkish
- Peel the onions, cut them into pieces. My carrots, cut off the skin, rub on a medium grater. We take a pan or pan with a thick bottom. Pour the vegetable oil and pass the onions in it.
- When the onion becomes soft, add the carrots. Fry vegetables, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- We send tomato paste, flour, pepper, mint, paprika, salt to the pan. Lovers of caraway and thyme can add them.
- We mix all the ingredients, over low heat we warm everything together. Add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Lentils must be sorted out, remove litter. We rinse in cold water, change it. Wash until water is clear.
- We send to the pot for vegetables. If the vegetables were prepared in a pan, then transfer them to the pan and add the lentils there.
- Fill with water. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the fire and cook until cooked. Grains should boil completely. If the lentils are red, then 25-30 minutes are enough to cook the grains.
- We try, if necessary - add salt. We take an immersion blender and break through the contents of the pan, achieving a uniform consistency. Bring again to a boil, if necessary, season with pepper and salt. Turn off the fire, let the soup brew for five minutes.
- Before serving Turkish lentil soup, pour a spoonful of vegetable oil. Serve with a slice of lemon.
- smoked pork ribs - 400g,
- potatoes - 2-3pcs,
- carrots - 0.5pcs,
- onion - 1 pc.,
- lentils - 1 cup,
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons,
- garlic - 1 clove,
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil,
- basil - optional.
A method of preparing lentil soup in a slow cooker
- We clean and wash several medium-sized potato tubers. Grind it in small cubes or straws, as you prefer.
- Remove the husks from the onion and cut into small cubes. Rubbed carrots on a coarse grater.
- Add a little melted butter to the multicooker bowl. We spread the prepared carrots and onions. Set the mode "Frying" ("Baking") for 5-7 minutes. We fry without closing the multicooker lid until the vegetables turn a golden color.
- Then add chopped potatoes to the fried vegetables.
- Wash lentils in running water and fall asleep to the rest of the ingredients. If it is red, like mine, then it cooks faster than any other. Pour in clean water (for my multicooker model - 2 liters) and turn on the “Soup / Stew” (or “Stew”) mode for 20-25 minutes. Do not forget to season with spices to taste.
- After this time, you need to check the vegetables for readiness. If the potatoes are soft, then the dish is ready, because all the other components, including lentils, cook much faster. Add finely chopped fresh dill, mix and turn off the slow cooker.
How to cook lentil soup puree
- We start cooking. Wash the required amount of lentils until clear water, pour boiling water for 30 minutes before swelling. This will speed up the process of cooking.
- After it is steamed, we pour in water and cook until half ready.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into small cubes.
- After 15 minutes, add the potatoes to the soup and boil for 10 minutes.
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut into circles or rub on a grater. I used frozen carrots. Cut the onion into cubes.
- Add onions and carrots to the soup.
- Season with spices and salt.
- Dip the blender into the pan and simply beat until smooth. After that, everything must again be brought to a boil.
- The dish is ready, we have a very thick and rich soup puree.
Pour into plates and serve. Serve with the addition of sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds. It is very tasty to add homemade crackers, grated cream cheese, thinly fried potato slices and, naturally, meat products.
These are just some of the varieties of soups that can be cooked with lentils. As you can see, everything is quite simple and very tasty. Choose yourself any, cook, experiment.
Save the recipe to the Cookbook 4
Lentil Soup with Chicken and Vegetables 3.0
Today I want to tell you how to cook lentil soup with chicken and vegetables. Boiled chicken is used as meat in this recipe, but you can replace it with pork. . Further
Confirm recipe deletion
This action cannot be undone.
Here you will learn how to cook lentil soup with tomato, eggplant, spinach and other vegetables. This is an excellent vegetarian meal that contains several groups of vitamins, as well as potassium and phosphorus. There are also wonderful soups from this cereal with meat. Нужно сказать, что приготовление вкусного супа с чечевицей не займёт много времени, а результат наверняка вас порадует.As a rule, each recipe for lentil soup involves boiling cereals, and then gradually adding the remaining ingredients. Try experimenting with different recipes for this soup and choose the perfect combination and proportion of ingredients for yourself.