Among the diseases that are transmitted through sexual intercourse, viral infections that are difficult to treat are considered the most complex. A striking example of this is genital herpes, the treatment of which can last for many months, if you do not resort to the help of a doctor on time. Herpes virus can be transmitted by partners during intercourse if you do not use condoms.
The manifestation of herpes can occur long after the infection with the virus, which makes it difficult in most cases to treat the disease. Only under the condition of a fall in the immune system can a person detect a herpetic rash, which tends to recur and hide in a latent stage. The treatment of herpes involves an integrated approach, as well as the medical assistance of an experienced specialist.
What is herpes?
Under the concept of herpes in medicine, it is customary to understand an infection, the causative agent of which is the virus of the same name. After the virus enters the human body, it invades the cells of the immune system, disrupting its work and lowering the resistance forces in front of other pathogens and pathogenic agents. In order for herpes to prove characteristic, certain conditions are necessary.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW! The real way to increase the penis by +7 centimeters! Read more >>>
Today, medical theory officially recognizes 8 types of herpetic pathogen - HSV. Genital herpes can be caused only by two of them - these are HSV-1 and HSV-2, the second type accounts for almost 80% of patients with this disease. A person can infect herpes only if there are signs of herpes, that is, a herpetic rash on the external genitalia.
Is genital herpes treated?
For many people who have encountered such a serious virus, the burning issue is the question of how to treat genital herpes and whether it can be completely cured. In fact, getting rid of the virus is completely impossible, since its cells are introduced into the cells of the immune system, the most important system of the human body. From this it becomes clear that recurrent genital herpes is most often treated during its exacerbation.
Treatment is carried out after identifying the following signs of a relapse of the virus:
- burning, redness and itching in the genital area,
- swollen lymph nodes in the groin,
- burning and tingling during bowel movement,
- at the site of the manifestation of a herpetic rash, bubbles appear with a turbid liquid,
- if such vesicles burst, ulcers and erosions appear on their place, crusting,
- general malaise.
The entire course of treatment is based on eliminating the symptoms of a viral infection and alleviating the patient's condition. The more effective the therapy, the faster the disease will turn into a latent latent form.
Diagnosis of the disease
An effective treatment of genital herpes can only be possible after a thorough diagnosis and examination of the patient. The attending doctor should identify the type of HSV, compare the symptoms of the disease, establish the presence of concomitant diseases, and then make up a set of therapeutic measures.
There are two types of tests for HSV:
- Herpes cell detection - the specialist takes a smear from the site of the disease, the resulting biomaterial is grown under special conditions under a microscope. The specialist stains the flora, after which the color indicates the presence or absence of the virus. But there are times when such a technique does not show the presence of a virus in the carrier, which did not go through the exacerbation phase.
- Identification of antibodies to the virus - enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay ELISA involves taking the blood of a patient, after which the specialist identifies specific antibodies in it if there is a virus in the body. The immune system has the ability to "remember" that period of time when the body fought with the virus at the stage of its exacerbation.
In addition, the laboratory often uses the method of PCR analysis, a chain reaction that can detect fragments of the DNA of the virus. This technique also accurately determines the type of pathogen, which determines the course of treatment of the disease.
To quickly cure herpes, you must consult a medical specialist after the first manifestation of the virus. It is impossible to defeat genital herpes completely, but there is every chance to suppress it in the body, thereby preventing its spread between sexual partners. Comprehensive treatment consists of drug and alternative therapy.
At home, you can fight genital herpes with several recipes of traditional medicine. Namely:
- Tea tree oil. To do this, you need to boil 400 ml of water, add 10 drops of pharmacy oil there, and then wash the genitals with this solution every night before bedtime.
- Phytotherapy. In the same proportions it is necessary to mix several plants - flowering meadow clover, birch foliage, flowering calendula, motherwort and dandelion roots. In 350 ml of water you need to dilute 10 g. such a phytomix, boil everything on fire for 5 minutes, cool and strain from sediment. The resulting broth needs to be washed off the genitals or douching procedures. Repeat the procedure every evening for 14 days in a row.
- Succession. 10 gr. Such herbs need to be brewed in a glass of water, after which the broth should be infused for an hour and filtered. A moistened piece of gauze in the infusion should be applied to the site of the manifestation of herpes. You can also drink such a decoction of 100 ml twice a day.
- Chamomile. In 200 ml of water you need to brew 5 g. herbs, insist 40 minutes, then irrigate the genitals or carry out the douching procedure. This infusion is used in the treatment twice a day until the rash disappears.
- Sea salt. 50 gr salt from the sea must be dissolved in 10 liters of boiling water, after cooling the water you need to take salt baths. Within two weeks you need to take such baths for 20-30 minutes.
In addition, alternative treatment involves taking tinctures of echinacea, which is sold in pharmacies. Such measures will increase the body's defenses, after which the immune system will be able to independently suppress the virus without medical treatment.
Medical treatment regimens
Symptoms and treatment of herpes can be indicated and prescribed only by a medical professional. If you self-medicate, then HSV will develop into chronic genital herpes. Drug treatment takes only an integrated approach, which includes several groups of drugs:
- Immunomodulators. Since herpes is a viral disease, and it is completely impossible to get rid of it, it will be enough to increase the resistance forces to suppress the pathogen. Such drugs destroy the protective shell of the virus cells, after which the body begins to independently produce an immunomodulator - interferon. Interferon is in several drugs:
- Viferon ointment, which must be applied to the site of the disease. The active component of such a drug is human recombinant alpha-2b interferon, the composition is supplemented with vitamin E, petrolatum, and also lanolin.
- Interferon Beta injections, which include fibroblast interferon. The effectiveness of such treatment is at least 70%.
- Antiviral agents. Such drugs are taken for acute genital herpes, they inhibit the reproduction of virus cells, stopping growth. Allocate several such funds from HSV:
- Acyclovir - treatment is carried out at any stage of herpes, if its pathogen is of type 1 and 2.
- Pharmaciclovir - penciclovir in the composition is acceptable with regular relapse of the virus, as well as with the detection of neuralgia against this background.
- Denavir is a cream with penciclovir as in the previous version.
- Groprinosin - inosine pranobex in the composition of which destroys DNA cells, and also increases resistance forces.
- Valtrex is an acyclovir ester drug that is taken during a relapse.
In addition, relapse prevention and treatment involve the use of antiseptic agents, for example, Dekasan for irrigation of the genitals and douching.
Which doctor treats genital herpes?
Herpes is a common disease in modern society, the treatment of which is carried out by a urologist or andrologist for men, and a gynecologist for women. In addition, specialists in a dermatovenerologic dispensary can consult and diagnose and treat genital herpes. Also, in some cases, an immunologist may be required.
Nutrition and Diet
Herpes viral infection requires not only medication and home treatment, but also a certain diet. The following products need to be excluded:
- coffee and strong brewing tea,
- strong chocolate
- flour products
- alcoholic drinks,
- grapes and raisins.
The diet should be filled with foods that are useful for the skin and immune system. For example, meat and fish products, vegetables and fruits, dairy products, berries and cereals.
How to live with genital herpes?
If a person has herpes of the genital organs, you need to immediately seem to the appropriate specialist. In the future, it is important to regularly see a specialist to prevent periods of relapse. In addition, it is important for an infected person to come to terms with the situation, since most patients with the herpes virus experience extreme psycho-emotional stress and discomfort (psychosomatics).
A person with such a diagnosis should understand that any unprotected sexual intercourse during the period of recurrence of herpes can lead to the spread of the virus between partners. You can become infected with the virus not only sexually, but also through the contact-domestic way. It is also important for people with such a disease to protect their body from stress, serious illnesses and a drop in immunity against this background.
In addition, what kind of doctor to consult with a herpetic rash, whether it can be completely cured, and how to live with such a disease, the topic of preventing such a viral infection is no less important. The most important preventive method is the routine vaccination of the country's population, which is prescribed in the legislation and the healthcare system.
Non-specific measures to prevent genital herpes are as follows:
- healthy lifestyle,
- playing sports
- proper nutrition
- giving up all bad habits,
- protected sex
- personal hygiene.
For carriers of the virus, it is important to avoid hypothermia, overheating, vitamin deficiency and immunodeficiency. To do this, it is important to take vitamin complexes during the off-season, as well as monitor your health, preventing various diseases.
What does genital herpes look like?
The same type of virus can provoke this type of disease as on the lips (virus of the first type), but more often the disease occurs as a result of infection with the virus of the second type - genital herpes.
The first symptoms of the disease are general malaise, headaches, a slight increase in body temperature (up to 37.9). The pathology is characterized by the occurrence of severe pain in the genital area, in men and women the dislocation of the rashes is different due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of the genital organs.
In women, watery vesicles form on the labia majora, in the perineum, and can trap the inside of the thighs.
In men, they occur on the glans penis, rarely moving to the inside of the hips. First, acute pain in the genital area occurs, then local redness, tightening of the skin appears. After 1–2 days, watery vesicles form, which burst after 2–3 days, fluid (very infectious) flows out of them, and moist areas form. Ulcers dry up, crusts form on top. In this case, self-infection is observed, new vesicles appear on the edges of the crusts, but in 4 cases out of 7, recovery occurs. The duration of the disease is from 7 to 14 days. Men are more often carriers of the virus, and mostly women suffer from herpes. Their relapses are more pronounced, occur 3-4 times a year.
Attention! Genital herpesvirus in its symptoms is similar to other sexually transmitted diseases. Before treating herpes by any means, a doctor’s consultation is required.
Traditional methods of treating herpes
Doctors consider acyclovir-based drugs to be the standard in the treatment of all types of herpes, including genital herpes. The remedies proposed by traditional healers are widely used in the treatment of the initial stage of the disease. They will help get rid of pain, avoid the appearance of bubbles. A large group of funds is designed to strengthen the immune system, which contributes to a more rare occurrence of relapses.
Treatment of genital herpes with folk remedies during the manifestation of symptoms involves the use of herbs, oils, tinctures from them, and unconventional methods.
All treatment methods are conditionally divided into two large groups:
- For internal use. Prepare decoctions, infusions, tinctures. They strengthen the immune system, mobilize the body to fight the herpes virus.
- For outdoor use. These are lotions, baths, and ointments based on plants.
They use funds for internal and external use at the same time, which significantly enhances the effectiveness of treatment, contributes to a faster recovery.
To eliminate acute pain in the genital area, lotions are used. They relieve inflammation, eliminate pain.
At the initial stage, during the period of redness, when vesicles appear, after the formation of crusts, cold lotions of herbs are applied to the affected areas, they act antiseptically, anesthetically.
Among the available compounds:
- Calendula Take 2 tbsp. l baskets in a glass of boiling water, then insist until completely cooled. For lotions, you can use unbroken infusion. In it moisten gauze, folded in 4-5 layers, apply to the affected areas for 15 minutes. In the same way, use chamomile.
- A series of. 3 tbsp. l herbs in a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes in a thermos, and then cool, apply, like calendula. According to this recipe, tansy is brewed.
- Celandine. On a glass of boiling water take 1 tsp. necessarily dry grass. Pour a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes. The celandine is a poisonous plant, it is not recommended to keep lotions from it for more than a quarter of an hour, as well as increase the amount of grass in a glass of water. One of the effective ways to treat genital rashes is an ointment from celandine powder and honey. For her, the grass is ground into powder, mixed with the same amount of honey. Lubricate the affected areas with a thin layer twice a day.
Effective folk remedies for the treatment of genital herpes will be essential oils. Evaporating, they cool the affected areas, additionally anesthetizing them.
Redness, vesicles, crusts can be lubricated with fir oil. You should moisten a cotton swab in it, lubricate the affected area. Do the procedure 5-6 times a day. Rashes pass in 2-3 days. A similar therapeutic effect is exerted by tea tree oil, cedar, lavender. Lubrication intervals - up to 6 times a day.
Douching gives a good effect. Take 2 tbsp. l aloe juice, bred in a glass of boiled water. The procedure is carried out 1-2 times a day. Aloe relieves inflammation, promotes the regeneration of affected tissues.
They help relieve pain, disinfect wet areas of the bath, their temperature is + 37–38. The genitals are placed in a vessel with a healing solution. Women use a basin or a large bowl; for men, you can take a glass liter jar. It will take geranium oil, which is diluted in 2 liters of water. Do the procedure for 10-15 minutes. Trays of sea salt (1-2 tbsp. Per 1 liter of water) will help to quickly get rid of herpes.
Therapeutic infusions and tinctures
Such folk remedies as decoctions, infusions and tinctures are effective for the treatment of herpes in the intimate zone.
Bitter wormwood will help cure genital herpes. For infusion, take 1 tsp. wormwood and brewed in a glass of water. Drink like tea between meals 3-4 times a day.
Herbalists recommend using tansy flowers. For treatment, fresh flowers (5-6 pcs.) Are required, they are eaten raw in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast. In winter, take 2 tbsp. l dry herbs, pour a glass of cold water, then boil for 10 minutes over low heat, cool. Take 2 tbsp. l thrice a day.
This collection helps: St. John's wort, wormwood, raspberry leaves, adonis, motherwort grass. Herbs are taken in equal proportions, chopped, carefully mixed, then put 1 tsp. on a cup of boiling water, insist. Drink the infusion 3 times a day 1 hour before meals.
Effectively fights with viburnum virus. To prepare the infusion, 20 g of fresh or frozen berries of viburnum are needed, which are crushed, pour a cup of boiling water. The mixture is infused for 30 minutes, add honey, drink like tea. Take 4 times a day throughout the entire period of the rash.
One of the available folk remedies for genital herpes will be leek greens. It is washed, crushed and seasoned with olive oil. Eat for breakfast or dinner until the symptoms disappear.
Among the effective remedies for genital herpes, tinctures occupy a separate place. For treatment, a pharmacy tincture of echinacea or wormwood is used.
Dried Echinacea grass is poured with 70% alcohol or ordinary vodka in a ratio of 1:10.The composition is kept in a dark glass dish for 14 days at room temperature, without access to sunlight. They shake it every day. Then filter, take 2 tsp. twice a day. Before taking bred in 100 ml of boiled water.
To prepare a tincture of white wormwood seeds, you need to take 100 ml of alcohol for each tablespoon of seeds, place the composition in a dark glass dish. The exposure time is 21 days. Take in the same way as echinacea.
Among the extraordinary means - gum composition. It is prepared like this: take a ceramic plate, which is turned upside down. A cone of clean paper is placed on it with the sharp end to the top. To obtain a gum composition, you will need to take a number of precautions, since the cone will need to be burned on a plate. The entire structure is desirable to put in a sink or iron basin. The cone must be burned by ½, and then put out and put out. In its place, a yellow coating forms, with which acne is lubricated. Perform the procedure 1-2 times a day. Rashes are twice as fast.
During the period of remission, it is useful to take tinctures to strengthen immunity, which will help to avoid the appearance of bubbles. Among the most famous means are tinctures of echinacea, eleutherococcus, honey. An important component in the fight against viruses will be maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
It is important to remember that genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease, especially aggressive during an exacerbation.
Treatment with folk remedies for genital herpes will not help get rid of the disease completely, but it will ease the pain and shorten the period of exacerbation. In the initial stages, such therapy will help to avoid the appearance of bubbles, stop the disease at the stage of redness formation.
How to treat genital herpes?
How long the anti-virus therapy will last depends on the stage at which the patient went to the doctor and started treatment. If genital herpes was found at the initial stage, then the treatment will take from 5 days to 2 weeks. With complications and the presence of other chronic diseases, it may take up to 2 months or more.
- Episodic. In relapses recurring less than 6 times a year, an antiviral drug will be prescribed each time.
- Suppressive. If the disease makes itself known more often than 6 times a year, then the specialist will prescribe an overwhelming treatment (taking antiviral drugs for 6-12 months).
The duration of therapy depends on a number of factors. The doctor must determine the cause of the disease. Most often, a herpes genital infection is caused by the herpes simplex virus type I and II. Infection occurs through sexual contact, but it can also be self-infection, infection from mother to fetus during pregnancy or during childbirth, through the use of other personal hygiene products. Often herpes is transmitted by airborne droplets in childhood, and then for many years is in a "sleeping" state. Under such circumstances, it is likely to require 2-3 weeks of treatment with repeated courses.
But if the causative agent of herpes was the presence of serious diseases in the body: HIV, AIDS, syphilis, diabetes mellitus, then therapy will require a lot of time.
This is what herpes on the genitals look like
What drugs are treated?
The treatment regimen for both men and women includes 3 groups of drugs:
- antiviral tablets, ointments, creams, suppositories, injections,
- medications and folk remedies for pain relief and relieving unpleasant symptoms (itching, burning).
For the treatment of genital herpes at the initial stage, local remedies are used. With advanced forms and large affected areas, injections and tablets are prescribed. If the infection has got inside, then suppositories for rectal and vaginal administration are prescribed.
Tablets must be taken according to the schedule prescribed by the doctor
Of the antiviral tablets, the most popular and effective are Acyclovir, Valaciclovir, Famciclovir, Gerpevir and Zovirax.
- Acyclovir. In the primary lesion, 3 times 400 mg / day are prescribed (a similar scheme is also practiced in combination with rashes in the oral cavity). Or 5 times at 200 mg / day. During pregnancy, tablets are prescribed in case of emergency.
- Famciclovir. With the first occurrence of genital herpes 3 times 250 mg / day for 5 days. With relapse 2 times at 1000 / mg per day. Contraindicated in lactation, and during pregnancy is prescribed for vital circumstances.
- Valacyclovir. Tablets are taken 2 times at 500 mg / day for 5 days. During pregnancy, only as directed by the doctor. During breastfeeding, Valaciclovir is strictly prohibited.
- Herpevir. It is recommended to take 400 mg twice a day. During pregnancy, taking pills is allowed, if the threatening danger to the mother exceeds the risk to the fetus. With lactation, the drug is strictly prohibited.
- Zovirax. Take 200 mg 5 times a day for 5 days. During pregnancy and lactation, the drug should be agreed with a doctor.
The scheme and course of treatment may vary depending on the individual characteristics of the patient and the course of the disease.
What ointment treat herpes on the genitals?
How to treat ulcers on the penis, labia and vagina? In addition to tablets, creams and ointments with an antiviral effect are mandatory. Names of local agents are most often identical to oral preparations.
- Acyclovir. The ointment is applied 5 times a day to the areas affected by the herpes rash in a thin layer.
- Herpevir. Lubricate rashes on the genitals twice a day.
Immunomodulating, antiseptic and antiviral suppositories
With herpes in the anus or in the vagina, it is recommended to use candles. How to apply them?
- Genferon. For the treatment of urogenital herpes in women, it is necessary to administer 1 suppository 2 times a day vaginally for 10 days. For treatment in men, 2 suppositories per day are prescribed rectally for 10 days.
- Viferon. The drug is suitable for the treatment of women, men and children, during pregnancy, use is allowed from 14 weeks. Suppositories are administered rectally 2 times a day.
- Hexicon. Effectively practiced in gynecology for the treatment of women. Serves as a suitable drug for both treatment and prevention. Suppositories can be used during pregnancy. In the treatment of genital herpes, it is necessary to introduce 1 suppository 2 times a day.
How to treat chronic genital herpes?
Therapy is carried out in 4 stages with the help of antiviral, immunostimulating drugs and other agents that help reduce the activity of the virus:
- I - during an exacerbation,
- II - during the period of remission,
- III - prevention by vaccination,
- IV - rehabilitation.
Antiherpetic therapy consists in strengthening immunity: maintaining a healthy lifestyle, observing the rules of personal hygiene. Eliminate promiscuous sexual intercourse, and use condoms for sexual contact.
Culinary Herpes Recipes
1. This salad helps to relieve the main symptoms of infection. To prepare it, take a bunch of green onions. Wash it thoroughly under running water. Put on a towel or paper towel and remove any remaining water from it. Chop green onions thoroughly and then mix with olive oil. Mix the ingredients well. Eat a daily salad of green onions and olive oil. It is worth noting that this folk remedy contains all the necessary elements to strengthen immunity and fight genital herpes.
2. Take a liter jar and put in equal proportions horseradish root and bitter pepper in pods. Pre-pass components through a meat grinder. A liter jar should be half full. The remaining volume of the jar pour vodka. Close the container tightly and place in a dark place for two weeks. During this time, the container with tincture should be shaken. After a few weeks, strain the tincture and take it several times a day in a tablespoon about 15 minutes before eating.
Infusion of herbs
To prepare this infusion for the treatment of herpes. take a few tablespoons of thyme, chamomile flowers, lemon balm grass, raspberry leaves, motherwort, juniper fruits and one tablespoon of adonis, wormwood, St. John's wort. Grind all components thoroughly and mix. Two tablespoons of the collection collected, pour a few glasses of boiling water and insist for an hour. Strain the finished infusion and take four times a day in half a glass for two weeks.
Essential oils in the treatment of genital herpes
Also, in the fight against genital herpes, essential oils will help. Take a glass of boiled water and add three drops of essential oil to it. To treat this ailment, you can use essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, cedar and geranium. Take a cotton pad or just a piece of cotton. Soak it in the prepared solution, squeeze it slightly and lay to a sore spot. It is worth noting that such a compress accelerates the healing process, removing the inflammatory process and slightly drying the epidermis.
Bathtubs, baths, lotions
Also, experts recommend taking baths with a violet elixir, as this remedy not only inhibits the causative agents of genital herpes, but also helps to strengthen the immune system.
Various baths and lotions with decoctions of herbs such as walnuts, lemon balm and others, as well as from oak bark, have a good drying effect.
It is possible to reduce the number of relapses of genital herpes, as well as strengthen immunity tinctures prepared on the basis of plants such as Eleutherococcus, Chinese magnolia vine, Rhodiola rosea and more. It is necessary to take tinctures from the above herbs at a time when there is no relapse and the infection is not in the acute phase.
Cold compresses help relieve pain. To do this, moisten cotton wool or a piece of gauze in cold water and attach to a sore spot.
If genital herpes occurs, you should seek the help of specialists, since self-medication may not bring the expected effect. Only a highly qualified doctor can prescribe the right treatment, combining the methods of traditional and traditional medicine.
Treatment of genital herpes with folk remedies
If a patient has genital herpes, treatment with folk remedies is acceptable, however, it should not exclude traditional drug therapy. The task of treating this disease is to minimize relapses and alleviate the patient's condition during exacerbations, because it is impossible to completely get rid of the virus. The main goal set for alternative methods of treatment is to strengthen immunity and improve overall health.
We treat herpes: recipes of traditional medicine
Even if you are treating herpes with medication, this is not an obstacle in order to accelerate recovery with the help of folk remedies.
Before using any of them, remember: an allergic reaction is possible on any plant component, and therefore, folk methods should be treated with caution.
Any herpes, including genital herpes, will help to defeat the following natural preparations:
- Celandine: in no case use the juice of a fresh plant - this can lead to burns! Celandine treatment of herpes is carried out as follows: dried grass is crushed into dust and mixed in equal volume fractions with honey. Use as a compress. Duration of treatment - until wounds heal.
- Kalina: this berry is known for its ability to strengthen immunity. There are no special instructions on how to treat herpes with herpes: you just need to eat berries either fresh or in the form of tea, or in combination with honey (if you absolutely do not like the taste of viburnum).
- Birch buds: any form of herpes, and genital is no exception, tincture of birch buds in milk treats well. It is simple to prepare: you need to take young birch buds, pour them with unboiled milk above the level of raw materials by 2-3 cm and boil over low heat for about seven minutes. Next, the broth is allowed to cool, filtered. Treatment consists of a course of lotions.
- Aloe: a well-known disinfectant whose application of juice to the affected area will prevent the spread of infection and significantly speed up treatment.
- Onion: both onions and green help to defeat genital herpes. So, a small bunch of washed and dried feathers are cut and poured with olive oil (1: 1 volumetric parts). Daily use of such a mixture in food will make up for the lack of vitamin A in the body, which will increase immunity.
- As for onions, it must be passed through a meat grinder, finely chopped or chopped in a blender: do everything possible to extract the juice. Next, chop the apples and mix the resulting slurry 1: 1 with juice, add also 0.5 parts of honey and 5 parts of pumpkin juice (cook like onion). Mix everything thoroughly and consume throughout the day: such a remedy strengthens the immune system well.
- If the rashes characteristic of genital herpes cause severe discomfort and / or pain, soak the natural tissue in very cold water and apply it to the affected area: temporary relief will come.
Alternative methods that help get rid of genital herpes are most often effective, but this does not mean that drug therapy should be completely eliminated with their use. Independently use exclusively natural drugs is allowed only as a preventive measure.