Our lips are a very delicate part of the body. Lips are more prone to dryness due to the constant exposure to the environment and a very thin protective layer of the skin, compared to other parts of the body. That is why they need extra attention! In order for them to be moisturized and shiny, you need a quality lip gloss. At the same time, there is no need to spend a fortune on its purchase, since it is very easy to independently prepare a honey shine, which is guaranteed to nourish and moisturize your lips.
1. Making chocolate lip balm.
Ingredients: approximately 4-5 chocolate chips (it is better to use dark chocolate - it is most useful - and scrape the chips from the side with a knife), 3 tablespoons of butter-like top (sold in stores or at confectioneries), one vitamin E capsule (sold in pharmacies).
All these substances must be melted, mix thoroughly with a spoon, and then pour into a mold and put in a cool place. The mass can be used after it hardens.
2. A recipe for honey and citrus lip gloss.
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons of beeswax (sold on the market in places where honey is sold), a teaspoon of honey, 8 teaspoons of sweet almonds, a vitamin E capsule and about five drops of citrus oil.
Almond oil, along with beeswax, is placed on a plate and then sent to the microwave until these products are completely melted. Then, vitamin E is added to this mixture, which is extracted from a capsule pierced by a needle. After adding honey to the resulting mass, it is left alone for several minutes. After a few minutes, the balm can be laid in a beautiful box where it will be stored.
3. Lip gloss, made from sweets.
Ingredients: a quarter of a teaspoon with grated paraffin, a teaspoon of coconut oil, a teaspoon of petroleum jelly, candy, such as Barberry, melted in advance with a resealable plastic bag (with a plastic clasp, when closed, the air does not penetrate the bag).
Put the candy in such a bag and place it in very hot water, leave until the candy is completely dissolved. Other ingredients are mixed. Having cut off one corner of the bag, the candy is poured into the mass obtained from the remaining ingredients, and, then, all this is transferred to the storage form.
4. How to make a regular lip balm.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup petroleum jelly, a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, can be vitamin E, food colors and desired flavorings.
In a bowl, mix the vegetable oil with petroleum jelly and put it in the microwave for kindling for 45 seconds. It is important not to overexpose the mixture so that it does not lose its beneficial qualities. Then comes the most interesting and enjoyable part of the balsam preparation process. It consists in adding cousin and color to the resulting balm. A great way to express your imagination and fiction.
For example, you can use vanilla, a dry powder of the drink, that is, everything that is suitable for eating is at your fingertips and satisfies your desires and whims. However, it is important not to overdo it so that there is not too harsh smell and taste that you most likely will not like.
It is also worth mentioning that vanilla is a very concentrated component, so a drop of it will be quite enough.
In the end, you can decompose the resulting lip gloss into various tins and containers in which it will be stored.
You can use empty bottles of lipstick or lip gloss. But before pouring the mixture into them, the bottles must be washed with hot water and soap, as well as treated with alcohol.
Ready-made bottles with lip gloss must be placed in the refrigerator until completely cooled. And after they froze, you become the owner of freshly prepared sparkles for your lips, prepared based on your wishes.
The main advantages
Unlike ready-made expensive cosmetics that are sold at every step, do-it-yourself lip gloss has many undeniable advantages. They are as follows:
- Do-it-yourself preparation of a cosmetic product allows you to create your own palette of glosses with minimal financial costs.
- As components for the manufacture of hygiene products you can use exclusively natural ingredients. Purchased cosmetics contain only chemical elements and a minimum of natural components.
- In the process of making shine, you can use exactly those ingredients that are most suitable for a particular woman. You can create a unique composition of a cosmetic product that has no analogues among ready-made lip glosses.
- Any girl can create her own shine without having special skills or experience for this. The main thing is to have a desire and pre-select the necessary components.
- Home-made hygienic cosmetics can be an excellent exclusive gift for a close friend or relative.
- Due to the fact that the composition of the shine includes natural ingredients that are easily selected independently, it is possible to exclude the likelihood of allergic reactions and peeling of the lips.
- Since esters and oils are present in the composition of the hygiene product, this helps protect the skin of the lips from weathering and from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation. And if you add vitamins, for example, A or E, then the skin will be constantly nourished with nutrients.
Do-it-yourself cosmetics have many more advantages than purchased ones. The main thing is to choose the right components and follow the rules for the production of lip gloss.
Before proceeding with the production of a hygiene product, you need to familiarize yourself with some rules that will help create a truly healthy and effective shine. Important recommendations are as follows:
- One of the ingredients is always used as the basis for shine: beeswax, petroleum jelly, paraffin or hard butter. To get a good foundation that will be evenly applied to the lips, it must first be melted in a water bath or in the microwave.
- The preparation of cosmetics requires clear calculations. Therefore, it is necessary to immediately determine the amount of gloss that is planned to be obtained. Otherwise, the consistency will not work, and the gloss will not be evenly applied to the lips.
- If creating a shine involves adding components that quickly deteriorate, you should prepare no more than 50 grams of the product.
- All containers that are planned to be used for the preparation of cosmetics must first be thoroughly washed and dried. It is worth remembering that after preparation all components harden over time, so the resulting mixture should immediately be poured into a suitable jar.
- To completely eliminate the likelihood of an allergy to a particular gloss component, the ingredients used should be tested first.
The most commonly used ingredients are honey, natural oils, fruit or vegetable juices, dark chocolate, honey, cinnamon, pharmacy vitamins (A, E, C), medicinal esters and many other natural ingredients. It is important to understand that ingredients should always be selected according to personal preference.
Making your own shine is a very interesting and fascinating process, requiring a minimum of time and financial costs. The simplest and most affordable hygiene recipes:
- Chocolate Glitter with Cocoa Butter. You need to take about 50−70 g of cocoa butter, melt. In the resulting liquid, rub 20-25 g of dark chocolate and mix thoroughly. Then add liquid vitamins, for example, E or A, in an amount of 10−12 g and mix into a homogeneous mixture. Then pour into the molds and leave until completely hardened.
- Rose ether honey cosmetics. For the base you will need about 50 g of melted petroleum jelly, in which you need to pour 20-25 g of natural honey and 6-8 drops of rose essential oil. To give shine a pleasant shade, you can add about 5 g of light pearl shades to it. Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly and pour into molds.
- Coconut Hygiene Lipstick, aloe vera juice and cocoa butter. You need to take 20−25 g of hard cocoa butter and 15 g of beeswax, grind everything and melt in the microwave. Then pour almond oil 10–13 g, coconut oil 8–10 g, aloe juice 15 g into the mixture. Mix everything well to obtain a uniform consistency, and then pour into a convenient tube and allow to harden.
- Orange honey shine. You will need to take wax or petroleum jelly, melt. The same procedure to do with 60−70 g of almond oil. Mix all the components, pour in 5 ml of vitamin A and the same amount of vitamin E, and again put to melt. After that, pour 3-4 ml of orange ether and 12-15 g of honey into the resulting mixture, mix everything again, then pour into molds and let cool.
- Pomegranate Almond Gloss with Wax, castor oil and cocoa butter. Mix 20 g of castor oil, wax, almond and cocoa butter. Put to melt, then knead thoroughly and pour about 15−20 ml of pomegranate juice into the finished mass. To give a pleasant aroma, 5-7 ml of vanilla extract can be added to the resulting mass. After that pour into molds and wait for hardening.